autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Flex Question

Post Thanks / Like

Flex Question

I have the 3401 and it rocks! Polished the car this weekend and it was fantastic.

My question is about the handle that extends at the end of the machine over the pad. Is this simply to rest or wrap your fingers around while the palm of your hand rests on the machine above the pad? I have put some downward pressure on the handle while polishing and it moves down towards the pad. There are 2 supports on the upper and lower side of the handle to keep it in place. I have tightened the hex screws holding the handle on the machine to see if that would keep the handle from moving to no avail.
    So, it appears that the handle is just to wrap fingers around and downward pressure while polishing should be through the palm on top of the machine. Is this right?

Thanks, David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex Question

I use the center handle as a guide and then to help put some pressure down. As for the handle moving I am not familiar with that. I know the center handle is locked in place. Maybe you have to adjust it a little. I am not familiar with that. As for the side handle bar...threw that away a long time ago....

The Flex 3401 is a beast of a machine!! Glad you are diggin it!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I use the center handle as a guide and then to help put some pressure down. As for the handle moving I am not familiar with that. I know the center handle is locked in place. Maybe you have to adjust it a little. I am not familiar with that. As for the side handle bar...threw that away a long time ago....

The Flex 3401 is a beast of a machine!! Glad you are diggin it!!
    Either i am putting too much pressure on the handle or I did at some point and stripped or bent the arms that hold the handle in place at the end of the machine. I may have to order a new handle to see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Either i am putting too much pressure on the handle or I did at some point and stripped or bent the arms that hold the handle in place at the end of the machine. I may have to order a new handle to see if that helps.
    I know the machine came with a couple of other screws....have you looked into that? I know I have them and they are for something. For what its worth I have no clue!!

Sorry for being a lack of help
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're talking about the loop handle at the head of the machine that loop has two small tabs on it that contact the head and stop the loop from going toward the pad. There's not much to them. I suspect they're broken off and allowing the handle to move further than it's really supposed to. I can get pics if you want comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    I have the 3401 and it rocks! Polished the car this weekend and it was fantastic.
    Congrats!

My question is about the handle that extends at the end of the machine over the pad. Is this simply to rest or wrap your fingers around while the palm of your hand rests on the machine above the pad?
    Yes. This handle gives the machine more of a well balanced feel and leverage over the pad.

I have put some downward pressure on the handle while polishing and it moves down towards the pad. There are 2 supports on the upper and lower side of the handle to keep it in place. I have tightened the hex screws holding the handle on the machine to see if that would keep the handle from moving to no avail.

Thanks, David
    Pull the handle off and check the supports on the handle for damage. Re install handle and put the hex screws on to German specifications. "Gut 'n Tight".