autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to try a coating inexpensively - recommendations?

Hello all, I am picking up and new car tomorrow and after doing some reading, and then doing a lot more reading, I think I would like to start this car off with a coating. I'd like to not spend a ton right off the bat as this is a test for me really. I was considering the Blackfire coating as at $60 it is not too much and I have enjoyed other Blackfire products before.

I thought I'd ask for recommendations as I am by no means up on my coatings, I've had to figure out what some of the letters stand for as you have mentioned them lol. New guy, sorry. Anyway, the car will be a Honda in White orchid pearl paint, and then I want to use it on my red Abarth too once I get it clayed and ready to go in general.

I like a slick feel, and a nice shine that maybe deepens the color on the red anyway, I can't imagine anything deepens white. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I want to try a coating inexpensively - recommendations?

I used Optimum coating on my wife's new white BMW. Not real slick, but sheds the daily dirt and lasts at least a year (June 2014). Pleased with the Optimum products.

Post Thanks / Like

Got for Bulletproof, its only $30 and is good for 2 years

Post Thanks / Like

Bulletproof is a good inexpensive choice. Another detailer posted a video of a high end coating vs a lower end coating after having it on his detail vehicle for about 2 years, if I recall correctly. He gave the higher end coating more praise than the less expensive stuff, but at some point and under certain circumstances. I can see a lower priced one being a better option, budget, vehicle it's applied on, etc... I have opti coat on my car and it's been on for about 2 years and it's still going strong so that's great. I did give CAR Bulletproof a shot just for kicks and this one is still going, from what I see. It's been a little under a year, but it still the car still seems to be being protected by it. So in the end, just determine what option is best for you.

Washed
    clayed
    M205
    IPA wipe down
    coated

I think the prep work is what will really make the paint. "pop" Claying, polishing, etc...

Autogeek has a great selection of coatings, so you can always shop around there.

We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store

Post Thanks / Like

I would have drove the car after to a better location for better pictures, I know the owner, only problem is that I don't know how to drive stick

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-dee...z-sealant.html

$26.99 Easy on/easy off... that's what I like to work with although you can't go wrong with Meguirs #21!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I want to try a coating inexpensively - recommendations?-1432930203397-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I want to try a coating inexpensively - recommendations?-1432930714381-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson24 View Post
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

$26.99 Easy on/easy off... that's what I like to work with although you can't go wrong with Meguirs #21!
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson24 View Post
    Also
    OP is asking for coatings...
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    OP is asking for coatings...
    MY BAD!

Huked on phonix wrked forme

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I appreciate it greatly. I'd not read about the bulletproof before so that is a new option for me and I will be taking a look at that as the price is nice and it looked great in those photos. I will definitely be doing clay and polish too, I already have some Meguiars clay and I had been using sealant of theirs too which I liked but I want more durability.

I will have to get some new polish at the same time I get the coating so I can do this right. I appreciate the recommendations on sealant too lol, I was going that route before I decided on trying a coating for the first time. If I can get a good solid year out of a coating I will be pleased.

Also - @refreshauto, I see you are in Odessa Texas, I used to live there many years ago, my sister was born there actually!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast