autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which would you choose?

Hello AG'ers. So a little help please. I've read through tons of forum topics and gathered a lot of really useful info. But I need a bit more help. I'm just starting out with da polishers. I've seen tons of videos about the pc7424xp and I like it! But then there is the mt 300. Not many videos out there about it but a lot of good things being said about this tool. So if you were starting out today. Ready to make a purchase, which one of the two would you buy right now?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which would you choose?

Neither. I'd buy the Griots 6". Better than the Porter Cable and lifetime warrantied.

Post Thanks / Like

I will second the Griots garage 6" polisher
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

GG6 ok!! I'll have to check that one out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Please, listen to the guys here and take their advice.
    I wish I had done the same but didn't , and am regreting it now.
    I am only a hobbiest, and do an occasional car on the side. I figured okay, a PC, which I started out with, was a lot better than doing it by hand, but what about a Flex? So, I bought a Flex. Then, I bought two Rupes, the 21 & the 15. Then, I bought a Flex PE14 rotory.
    The joke is that they all sit in my basement brand-new and unused, except for the PC & 3401. I've used those twice each.
    My point is, be realistic about how many times you are REALLY going to use it, and not to kid yourself like I did.
    Furthermore, I have enough polishes, coatings, and waxes and sealants, leather conditioners etc., etc. to last a REAL detailer at least a year, and it all just sits in my basement. Something's gotta give...
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

What expdetailing said ^^
    I give to friends or sell away most products because I couldn't finish using them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I am only a hobbiest, and do an occasional car on the side. I figured okay, a PC, which I started out with, was a lot better than doing it by hand, but what about a Flex? So, I bought a Flex. Then, I bought two Rupes, the 21 & the 15. Then, I bought a Flex PE14 rotory.
    The joke is that they all sit in my basement brand-new and unused, except for the PC & 3401. I've used those twice each.
    My point is, be realistic about how many times you are REALLY going to use it, and not to kid yourself like I did.
    Furthermore, I have enough polishes, coatings, and waxes and sealants, leather conditioners etc., etc. to last a REAL detailer at least a year, and it all just sits in my basement. Something's gotta give...
    great advice.

I'd get the GG6 a 5" and 3.5 backing plate from LC and 6 pack LC flat pads, 2 orange 2 white 2 black, 6 pack LC 4" pads same combo, HD Polish, HD Speed and HD Poxy in 16oz and you are good to go! Get the 4" pad set up because the GG6 is top heavy and wobbles big time on a 3" pad.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Same here. I have a Duetto, and a 3401, and use the Porter Cable most often.

I do have some people pay me for my services, but I have way more product for the volume I do. If I have high quality compounds, polishes, and pads there isn't much the pc can't do.

The gg6 sound like it can be had at a really nice price though. That would be the biggest difference to me.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's has a new line coming out June 6th and one of their guys at the Tacoma store said I should wait before I buy a polisher. I've got a feeling that a more "professional" polisher will be coming out to compete with the new Megs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    Neither. I'd buy the Griots 6". Better than the Porter Cable and lifetime warrantied.

Third...and I did and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast