autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help 2014 ram Black

Hello everyone I have been following this site for years now and finally decided to join. I've been detailing for several years now so I am very familiar with products etc. I have mainly been using CG products and PB. All good products but looking to step my game up a bit. I recently bought a 2014 Ram which is the all blacked out edition and is a daily driver,salt and snow included. I need some help or advice this truck seems to have very soft clear and shows tons of scratches and micro marring from the dealership. And some of my crappy washing fast days.

I'm currently running a Rupes 15 with the LC HD pads but looking for further products for this soft clear and protection. Also I have been thinking of doing Cquartz UK. Question is do I do correction before hand. or how does it work.

Killerwaxx I have been looking into as well if anyone could shed some light.

Or stick with the blackfire combo. To finish this black beauty.

As well I have picked up the Meg's D300&301 combo with the mf pads.

Thanks for the help. Thanks Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help 2014 ram Black

I love love love Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish using a red or white pad with the flex. The shine on black, and the pop it produces for me is second to none. I love it as my go to on black vehicles. I then coat with their Sovereign Wax. Deadly awesome combo. If you are looking for an AIO everyone is raving about 3D products. I'm losing my faith in the AIO's lately as they just don't have the cut (especially on black or dark colors) I'm looking for. They do work great on white. Get a sample of the PAFP you won't be sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

And to answer your question about correction, YES, make sure the paint is mint before you put a seal or coating on. Defeats the entire purpose if you don't. I use Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover or their Compound depending on how bad the paint is. Sounds like your rig is new so use the least aggressive method possible to achieve results. You'd be shocked at how much cut the advanced finishing polish has. IMO it's much more than any AIO. Try a test spot and graduate up to more pad cut with the same product and if you still need more, try a more aggressive product with low cut and move to the more aggressive colored pad until you find the right formula for success. Welcome to the group!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the input. I'm going to do some searching around before I order something thanks again !

Post Thanks / Like

Stick with the Blackfire combo for now, I use it on my Black Beauty, it's a great combo. Or spend some money and get the HD Speed, HD Poxy and top it with Blackfire Black Ice!

This is the Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire Combo, the BF Sealant and Midnight Sun.

Preparation is everything.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

This is HD Speed and HD Poxy on a BMW I did last weekend. I'm going to use this on my Genny next time I do it.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so ive pulled the trigger on the Blackfire Duo/midnight sun ivory/8oz Crystal paint sealant My plan of attack is to use the

Duo first then top it with the
    wet diamond all finish paint protection
    midnight sun ivory
    last crystal paint sealant

is the last step unneeded i guess is my question.I'm looking for longevity and durability keep in mind, also what can i do to top this with after a few weeks or months time..thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Turbo-
    See below show and shine thread. I was in your shoes about a yr ago. The paint is a pita. After a winter in the northeast as well as just standard 2bm washes my truck is all swirled up as well as some scratches from somewhere. From a short distance, the preserved shine is still visible but up close I want to cry. I'd plan for a yr with a coating if its ur did then move on to another full correction session.

Black paint is a b*tch

2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cquartz UK