autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Recommendations.

Hey everyone, I am a noob at car detailing and want to start washing and caring for my first car on my own, since I have quite a bit of downtime. I been reading on the forums and there is quite a bit of info out there, and I was wondering if you guys can help me narrow down and recommend me a complete product for exterior and interior. I want to keep this car as long as possible and want to maximize its life, by using sun shade in the front that its "Custom Fit" also, wipe the interior from dust with microfiber cloth as much as I can.

Make and Model: 2015 Totoya Corolla S Plus
    Exterior Color: Metallic Slate Exterior
    Interior colors/materials: Black Softex/Steel Blue Fabric, leatherette/cloth. Plastic, rubber, vinyl, etc.
    Accessories: Floor mat driver and passenger, back passenger and trunk. 17 Alloy wheels. Windows is tinted.

Location: In southern Nevada. Weather is pretty dry and hot, random rains, windy at random times, sand, and desert area. Car is park outside under a cover majority of the time. Drive on the highway quite a bit and travel to LA quite a bit too if that helps.

Sample pictures:
    Exterior - http://goo.gl/MQe9ic , http://goo.gl/7Yeksv
    Interior - http://goo.gl/QTIxGO , http://goo.gl/gKSSSu , http://goo.gl/zhp5Tk
    Engine Bay - http://goo.gl/2pqAWg

Current items:
    Autozone microfiber cloth, Invisible Glass spray, and wand tools. That's all I have currently.

I live in a apartment complex that doesn't have outdoor outlet, so machine is kind of out of options. I was reading about rinseless and that might work, but I am going to buy a bucket anyways and get the water from the kitchen sink or something if I have too.

So what do you guys recommend for a complete interior and exterior cleaning and detailing? Best for the money, since I'm no pro just yet lol

Thank you AGO!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Recommendations.

I'm going to give your thread a bump to the top of the list.

Honestly, there are SO many products available on the market AND there are even MORE opinions of what is best.

Be prepared cuz you're likely to get some long lists in this thread .......... I'd help, but I would have no idea of where to begin or end with the list.

Someone will chime in before long.

Congrats on your choice to take care of your ride. Not many people do, but then again that's job securement in my business.
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

In your situation I would seriously consider a coating.

Either buy one here and borrow someones garage for an overnight and DIY or go get it done somewhere reputable.

The maintenance will be MUCH easier when your car is coated.

I also dont want to get in on the "what is best" list. Just read through the forums and you will see TONS AND TONS of reviews and pick one. You cant go wrong with Meguiar's, Optimum, Menz, Car Pro, Mothers...ETC. there are tons of options.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TFTADetail View Post
    I'm going to give your thread a bump to the top of the list.

Honestly, there are SO many products available on the market AND there are even MORE opinions of what is best.

Be prepared cuz you're likely to get some long lists in this thread .......... I'd help, but I would have no idea of where to begin or end with the list.

Someone will chime in before long.

Congrats on your choice to take care of your ride. Not many people do, but then again that's job securement in my business.
    Thank you for the bump! I am definitely not trying to take anyway any business from professional detailers lol, I will definitely still go to them when time and money is available, but sometimes when it rains, windy, etc, I wanted to do it on my own to save some money when its not necessary to go yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    In your situation I would seriously consider a coating.

Either buy one here and borrow someones garage for an overnight and DIY or go get it done somewhere reputable.

The maintenance will be MUCH easier when your car is coated.

I also dont want to get in on the "what is best" list. Just read through the forums and you will see TONS AND TONS of reviews and pick one. You cant go wrong with Meguiar's, Optimum, Menz, Car Pro, Mothers...ETC. there are tons of options.
    Coating as in paint coating? Not similar to wax correct?

Most definitely, and thanks for the suggestions. been reading much, just waay to much sometimes lol. But since majority of the post here are for business and people with garages its not much info on rinseless. stuff and cleaning in apartment complex.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 coating, exterior I'd go either meguiars rinseless or hyper wash,interior meguiars apc and interior quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on rinseless car wash. This is going to be your best option. There is plenty of excellent knowledge on the subject. Also, as mentioned prior, some sort of long last wax, sealant, coating, whatever will make your cleaning job much easier. There is a lot of good knowledge here, read and take advantage of it. Good luck & take care.

Peace

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

These guys seem to have some solid ideas. I think a coating would really be beneficial to you. Until then, laying down a good sealant with rinseless wash upkeep would suit you pretty well considering where you live. Meguiars rinseless is my favorite, but you will get many answers. Good luck!! Search away

Post Thanks / Like

Product Recommendations.

Meguiars:
    All purpose cleaner D101
    Super degreaser D108
    Spray wax D156
    Glass cleaner D120
    Rinsefree express wash D114
    Hyper dressing D170
    M26

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thank you for the recommendations and advice. So I seem to have some exterior product listed that I will be buying, but anyone have recommendation for interior stuff? Seat is Softex with fabric, and I'm not sure what material my front dash is either, looks like rubber, but doesn't feel or act like "leather/softex". Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want any samples let me know I'm local. I've got a pretty good selection and a few items I've been trying to give away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast