autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Reflect Polish And Swirls

All of my vehicles have always been polished and waxed my hand, I now have a porter cable. The truck has a few light swirls but there not bad at all, you can't see them unless the sun hits the paint just right. I bought some reflect polish for carpro because I was going to go over whole truck before I put on the Cquartz. The reflect polish says it will remove light swirls and 3000 grit wet sand marks, but I don't know if that's all advertising or if it actually will since it's like a finishing polish. I have a variety of pads, I have a few orange lake country 5.5' flat and 3 white pads, I was just going to use the white pads but I guess the orange is more of a light cutting pad. If I used the orange I could imagine it would remove some of the light swirling, but will it leave the paint hazy or not as shiny, since the white is an actual polishing pad I could imagine it would make the paint nice and shiny. Any recommendations for using carpro reflext polish and removing very light swirls?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reflect Polish And Swirls

Test spot. Try the least aggressive first and see if you get the results you want. If not, try the orange pad and see how it goes. If neither gets the swirls out you need a mild compound then finish with the polish. If they really are very fine then the polish may be the only thing you need. Check out some of Mike Phillips' tutorials.