autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG Black Light vs Glossworks

Over thinking this...if you don't want to remove anymore clearcoat....forget about any product with abrasives. That includes Blacklight which does. I'd go with CG ez creme glaze, Poorboys black hole, or Prima Amigo followed by any sealant of your choice.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

You realize that Black Wax has abrasives in it too? Black Wax has more abrasives than White Wax, but White Wax has more chemical cleaners. They can both be used on any color too.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    No comparison as SF4000 is a true polish.
    What I was asking is if I wanted to clean and polish, but not seal wouldn't SF4000 work? Would it not clean and polish the same? I know cleaner waxes and finishing waxes are nothing alike, but wouldn't SF4000 take care of both of those. Do most AIOs have more cutting power than a polish like that, and wouldn't it inturn clean the paint as well?

Also the other part of my question was applying a sealant or wax on top of an AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BitterGreg View Post
    What I was asking is if I wanted to clean and polish, but not seal wouldn't SF4000 work? Would it not clean and polish the same? I know cleaner waxes and finishing waxes are nothing alike, but wouldn't SF4000 take care of both of those. Do most AIOs have more cutting power than a polish like that, and wouldn't it in turn clean the paint as well?

Also the other part of my question was applying a sealant or wax on top of an AIO?
    The two step processes I referred to in my earlier posts would be an aio topped with a sealant. But those aio's are also more aggressive than say a Klasse aio. They have correcting abilities too. You can do large areas with them, let them cure and wipe them off very easily. That compared to SF4000 which is a polish and you do small areas, 2' x 2' and removal requires more work than say HD Speed, which wipe off is a breeze. I rarely use SF4500 or SF4000 with these new AIO's available, RE: HD Speed and Menerna 3-n-1. For $30.00 you can get the HD Speed / Poxy combo I used on that red Camaro. Give that combo a try, it's the best $30.00 you'll ever invest.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

The two step processes I referred to in my earlier posts would be an aio topped with a sealant. But those aio's are also more aggressive than say a Klasse aio. They have correcting abilities too. You can do large areas with them, let them cure and wipe them off very easily. That compared to SF4000 which is a polish and you do small areas, 2' x 2' and removal requires more work than say HD Speed, which wipe off is a breeze. I rarely use SF4500 or SF4000 with these new AIO's available, RE: HD Speed and Menerna 3-n-1. For $30.00 you can get the HD Speed / Poxy combo I used on that red Camaro. Give that combo a try, it's the best $30.00 you'll ever invest.
    Thanks, I put them on my wish list. I have so many AIO to try them out. Rupes, Menzerna, Carpro, Black Fire, Meguires conditioning cream. You mentioned on the BMW you did the Menzerna 3-1 then WG Glaze, but wasn't that redundant because the both clean and leave behind protection?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BitterGreg View Post
    Thanks, I put them on my wish list. I have so many AIO to try them out. Rupes, Menzerna, Carpro, Black Fire, Meguires conditioning cream. You mentioned on the BMW you did the Menzerna 3-1 then WG Glaze, but wasn't that redundant because the both clean and leave behind protection?
    No, on the BMW I did Menzerna 3-n-1, WG Sealant topped with WG Fuzion. Ever since the 3-n-1 came out and AG started carrying HD I've been using those and topping with a sealant to get added longevity, and results have been amazing. I only do 8-10 cars a year for friends and that 2 step process always puts a big smile on their face.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

No, on the BMW I did Menzerna 3-n-1, WG Sealant topped with WG Fuzion. Ever since the 3-n-1 came out and AG started carrying HD I've been using those and topping with a sealant to get added longevity, and results have been amazing. I only do 8-10 cars a year for friends and that 2 step process always puts a big smile on their face.
    OK I see. When you said WG3.0 in that post I thought you were talking about the glaze you mentioned earlier. I didn't realize 3.0 is a line w multiple products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jproy12 View Post
    I want something that can fill in the minor swirls that I have, the car has already been polished and want to avoid removing any more clear for now.

I already have the Black Light, and saw the Glossworks and its specs, should I get the Glossworks instead or on top of the black light?

Glossworks:
    Chemical Guys Glossworkz Glaze

Black Light:
    Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish 16 oz.

I have the Black Wax for my Tuxedo black car, so that should top it off well as well as Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant that I can apply before the wax.

Just to recap, am I getting this right?
    CG Black Light - CG GlossWorks - Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant - CG Black Wax

Is this right? I Never used Black Light nor Glossworks before, so not sure when to apply them.

Thanks,
    JP
    Glossworks is awesome and fills really well. Skip CG black light and just do CG GW, WDPS and top with CG Black Wax.

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    You realize that Black Wax has abrasives in it too? Black Wax has more abrasives than White Wax, but White Wax has more chemical cleaners. They can both be used on any color too.
    CG Black Wax does not contain abrasives, Meguiar's Black Wax does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12