autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Your one step process.

Need some help brothers. Have a 09 Ford Flex. Looking to enhance the gloss and remove some of the scratches. I do have a Griots polisher.
    Just looking for some advice on a one step and pad options.
    Thanks
    What are you go to combos?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your one step process.

one product that works really well and can vary in cut depending on the pad used, is HD Adapt. both HD Adapt and Polish are excellent products...

3D HD Adapt

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Meguiars D151, Optimum AIO and HD Speed. I like them all and feel they all do a great job. However, I mainly use D151, since I have a gallon of it lol, it can be a bit finicky, but I recently used it for a 1 step on a Dodge Challenger and came out great, haven't posted the pictures on here yet. The crazy thing is that I was asked to do a 1 step polish (AIO) at the last minute. I agreed and did the entire car in direct sunlight. (Did start early though)

I've used other Meguiars Mirror glaze AIOs in direct sunlight too and had great success with them. Cant remember the name of them though.

I've never used the ones I listed down below, however, Mike Stoops from Meguiars had great things to say about Meguiars White Wax for an AIO and even said that it would be a great addition if formulated for the Detailer line. Plus it can be bought at your local auto parts store.

Another detailer who you all know, don't know if he wants to be named. Said he uses Meguiars Microfiber Finish Wax for his AIO jobs. So there's that too.

As far as pad, Lake Country White polishing pad work great, I've used there orange medium cut pad too, depending on the color of the car.

Meguiars pads, Lake Country pads, Buff N Shine pads all work well. If uncertain test it out with a medium cut pad or the new Meguiars burgundy pads and if it's to much, then just switch to a polishing pad for your 1 step AIO jobs. Hope that helps.

Tomorrow I have a detail job and if it turns to a polishing job, I will use D151 and maybe the green or orange buff n shine pad.

Post Thanks / Like

With that polisher, I'd go with Megs D301 coupled with a MF finishing pad. Top with D156 if you have some to boost the longevity. Its fast, easy and looks great. HD speed another good choice.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the feed back

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried a couple of AIO or one-step products over the years, almost always on other people's cars; if I'm working on one of ours, I'll spend the extra time and do a full two- or three-step process.

Every car is different, from badly neglected daily drivers to garage queens, and every need is different, from time constraints to financial considerations. When a car has only minor swirls and water spots, I fall back to D151 on a range of pads or discs. It is just so cost-effective that the extra bit of time lost with dusting or water misting is worth it. I'm looking forward to trying Menzerna 3n1 once my gallon of D151 PRC starts running low.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

For a true AIO I have used D151, Wolfgang AIO and HD speed. I feel that speed works best. Easy to use, doesn't dust, polishes out minor defects with ease and wipes clean. The Wolfgang AIO is a close 2nd. It has longer durability but is a bit finicky about the polishing cycle and can be a little sticky to wipe off. Leaves a nice sealant type feel though.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

I find HD Speed really easy to use with great correction and no dust. Just leave it on while polishing the remainder of the car before buffing off for maximum durability.

Curious as to why Wolfgang Uber AIO hasn't gotten much attention since it's release?? They claim 6 months of protection which is much more than most AIOs.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang AIO works well for me. I used it on my Miata and it's still beading 3 months later. I honestly really like polishing with Optimum Hyper Polish and taking the extra step to apply a WOWA sealant like C2V3 or Reload though. I guess it doesn't really count as a one step procedure, but it doesn't take much longer and I get great correction results and awesome protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the issue with the Wolfgang AIO is the price. 30$ for 16oz vs 15$ for 16oz of speed.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast