autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: APC's vs tire cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    I've use M101 and it seems to be okay but now that the whole "caustic" thing came up, hmmmm. It seems like I should be using something more dedicated. With all the other product I've spent a fortune on I don't think I should cheap out now.
    Your using a compound to clean your tires? Why not go directly to sand blasting?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pointillistic_practitioner View Post
    Nick, what do you think of using Amazing Roll off to clean tires before applying tuf-shine tire cc? Purchased the cc without realizing there was an accompanying cleaner. Ideally, I would like to use Amazing roll off since that is my go-to for tires. Have you or anyone else had experience with the aforesaid combination?
    Latelly I keep reading good comments about Amazing Roll-Off. I think I will have to give it a try at some point. Is it a concentrate and if so what kind of dilution can you get out of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    There are far better tire cleaners out there than D101 or D103 APC. A dedicated degreaser will usually have completely different chemical formulations with stronger solvents, caustic detergents, and offer more cleaning ability than an APC (at similar dilution ratios). For example Meguiar's D101 APC & D108 Super Degreaser have ZERO chemicals in common (other than water).

Degreasers will also serve to balance the pH level of the wheel surface if an acid based wheel cleaner is used. APC's will typically have wetting agents, lower concentrations of caustic detergents, maybe some surfactants, and perhaps other chemicals depending on what the all-purpose cleaner is being marketed to accomplish.
    I think both Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaners do a good job,but 103 was def. better. I will definitely have to try a degreaser at some point in the future. I can easily "borrow" some of it from work.

I forgot that I have used TS tire cleaner before. I thought it worked really well. I should've bought a whole gallon instead of the small size.

Post Thanks / Like

APC's vs tire cleaners-autogeek_2271_12186569-jpg

The 108 does mention tires on the back label. It's what i have been using latley at 4:1 dulution.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

do these tire cleaners removes dirt, grease on tires?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    The ones I have used like Mothers do.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    303's Marine Citrus Cleaner & Degreaser sure will.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Latelly I keep reading good comments about Amazing Roll-Off. I think I will have to give it a try at some point. Is it a concentrate and if so what kind of dilution can you get out of it?
    It says "concentrated" but I have taken that to mean "strong" (like how dawn is concentrated but you don't need to dilute it). I do not believe it is a concentrate. If it is, I've been using it incorrectly - I've used it full-strength. (I buy the 32 oz spray bottles... a little bit goes a long way with this cleaner, and as the below link says, it is water-activated, so be sure to spray down the area you're cleaning with water first, and don't let it dry). I have used it for tires and hard plastics only so far, with good results. I always agitate.

Here's the link to the product on AGO: Amazing Roll-Off Spray it on and watch the dirt roll off!.

It's worth a try, if nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pointillistic_practitioner View Post
    It says "concentrated" but I have taken that to mean "strong" (like how dawn is concentrated but you don't need to dilute it). I do not believe it is a concentrate. If it is, I've been using it incorrectly - I've used it full-strength. (I buy the 32 oz spray bottles... a little bit goes a long way with this cleaner, and as the below link says, it is water-activated, so be sure to spray down the area you're cleaning with water first, and don't let it dry). I have used it for tires and hard plastics only so far, with good results. I always agitate.

Here's the link to the product on AGO: Amazing Roll-Off Spray it on and watch the dirt roll off!.

It's worth a try, if nothing else.
    can roll off clean tires & restore shine?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456