autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash vs two bucket method

All,
    I've been playing around with no rinse washes lately and I like the look. Rinseless washes do increase the amount of laundry you do and that's an issue as my wife always gives me the hairy eyeball when I'm in the laundry room. I live in a rural area and right or wrong, we have no restrictions on water usage. I see the big draw of no rinse washes being, you need less stuff and you use less water. I'm curious, given no water restriction and dragging out all the stuff isn't an issue is two bucket superior to rinse less? Safer in general?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash vs two bucket method

If done correctly and up to a point, rinseless is just as safe as two bucket. However, if there's too much dirt to be taken off safely, you have to go two bucket. Essentially as long as it's a maintenance wash, rinseless is just as safe.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

If you are able to you could rinse the car off before going through the rinsless process for a little added safety.

If you don't like going through microfiber usage, then do some searching on here regarding grout sponges. I was going through mf cloths like crazy, and read about grout sponges. I haven't looked back since using them. I only have to use two sponges for the car and then I don't have to use a washer/dryer at all.

Happy wife, happy life!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Southern CA where I'm told we are having a shortage of water. I have one of the Chemical Guys Pods and a few gallons of their Eco Wash. I prefer water though. It's just easier overall. Doing rims with waterless is kind of a pain plus using the power washer will "blast out" dirt in the crevices on the car where as waterless we have to spend more time trying to get those areas clean. We got the Pod to do cars in areas of The People's Republic of Irvine but strangely enough they won't even allow waterless in their apartment complexes or business parking lots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD Detailing View Post
    I'm in Southern CA where I'm told we are having a shortage of water. I have one of the Chemical Guys Pods and a few gallons of their Eco Wash. I prefer water though. It's just easier overall. Doing rims with waterless is kind of a pain plus using the power washer will "blast out" dirt in the crevices on the car where as waterless we have to spend more time trying to get those areas clean. We got the Pod to do cars in areas of The People's Republic of Irvine but strangely enough they won't even allow waterless in their apartment complexes or business parking lots.

LMAO!! The People's Republic of Irvine!! I live in Tustin/Irvine. Since Jerry "Clown" Brown would rather spend approximately $240 Billion on a high speed rail system from LA to San Fran that will be completed in 2030 rather then spend money on dams, reservoirs and water conservation infrastructure (and warned for several years regarding this problem) NOW. Henceforth, we have no choice BUT to rely on rinseless wash.

We even have a Castapo Force monitoring people using water regardless if its washing your car, watering your lawn or something they deem "water waste".

But enough of WHY we have to do a "rinsless wash".

IMO something good came out with the bad situation we have here in the "Land of the Fruits and Nuts". In this case, it's my technique for the RW wash. My method is a little different to where I can RW a real dirty vehicle with 'extremely minimal or no" scratches at all. This even includes black color vehicles.

Is this technique better than a foam gun, 2-bucket 2 grit guard method? NO! But not too far from being just as good. But since we here that live in the "People's Republic of California" we have no choice but to adapt.

So I believe a RW serves its purpose and is very effective if done right.

In our case, we have no choice but to adapt!

Resistance is Futile! We will be assimilated into the Matrix of the Borg!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Dr G saying when asked if ONR is safe...that its actually safer than a conventional soap, and that suds and foam have no advantage over ONR other than people still demand them because visually they think its safer.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD Detailing View Post

How do you like the Pod?
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I remember Dr G saying when asked if ONR is safe...that its actually safer than a conventional soap, and that suds and foam have no advantage over ONR other than people still demand them because visually they think its safer.
    i remember that too
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRamsey View Post
    All,
    Rinseless washes do increase the amount of laundry you do
    OPT doesn't mention anywhere anything about using multiple towels. that's a detailing forum thing.

i use my Incredimitt. there is someone on here who uses the Incredisponge. OPT used to sell a foam mitt for No Rinse. lots of people seem to be using a certain type of sponge.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast