autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Charity auction winner. Good loot?

Over the weekend, my wife attended a local silent auction for charity. When she returned, I was proudly presented with a "car detail kit" she won.

All of the products seem to have been donated by a local GM dealership and wear the AC Delco label. After reading the labels and trying to do some research, I'm really curious about their origins.

The chanile wash mitt, polishing rags (good for exhausts pipes?), glass cleaner, and bucket will be easy to put to work. The kit also contained a bottle of car wash shampoo, quick detailer with carnauba, and wheel cleaner. All under the AC Delco "Smart" brand.

The shampoo looks very similar to either Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax or Chemical Guys Car Shampoo with Gloss. The QD and wheel cleaner look A LOT like Chemical Guys P40 Quick Detailer and Diablo red wheel cleaner. The instructions/product copy on the bottles is VERY similar to the Chemical Guys verbiage.

My research revealed some 2003~2006 posts at Autopia stated the products at that time credited Meguairs in the small label print...which my bottles do not have. I found another reference from an obscure GM forum in 2012 giving vague credit to Chemical Guys.

Anyone here have any information? I'll cautiously give them all a try, but would like to know what I'm getting into before I start. There are no reviews for the stuff anywhere, but since they are GM dealer branded products sold at the parts counter I'm not too surprised. I doubt much gets sold to the general public.

Oh...the kit also included a $15 voucher for a "delux wash" at a local GM dealership. I think I'll pass on that one...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charity auction winner. Good loot?

First, about the products.. I have done some looking and I see what you mean. The detail spray definitely looks like CG's V7.

Search for 'AC Delco Appearance Products' and you'll see the stuff

It's probably decent enough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Over the weekend, my wife attended a local silent auction for charity. When she returned, I was proudly presented with a "car detail kit" she won.

All of the products seem to have been donated by a local GM dealership and wear the AC Delco label. After reading the labels and trying to do some research, I'm really curious about their origins.

The chanile wash mitt, polishing rags (good for exhausts pipes?), glass cleaner, and bucket will be easy to put to work. The kit also contained a bottle of car wash shampoo, quick detailer with carnauba, and wheel cleaner. All under the AC Delco "Smart" brand.

The shampoo looks very similar to either Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax or Chemical Guys Car Shampoo with Gloss. The QD and wheel cleaner look A LOT like Chemical Guys P40 Quick Detailer and Diablo red wheel cleaner. The instructions/product copy on the bottles is VERY similar to the Chemical Guys verbiage.

My research revealed some 2003~2006 posts at Autopia stated the products at that time credited Meguairs in the small label print...which my bottles do not have. I found another reference from an obscure GM forum in 2012 giving vague credit to Chemical Guys.

Anyone here have any information? I'll cautiously give them all a try, but would like to know what I'm getting into before I start. There are no reviews for the stuff anywhere, but since they are GM dealer branded products sold at the parts counter I'm not too surprised. I doubt much gets sold to the general public.
    Having said that, I'll say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Oh...the kit also included a $15 voucher for a "delux wash" at a local GM dealership. I think I'll pass on that one...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charity auction winner. Good loot?

Quote Originally Posted by SirTanon View Post
    First, about the products.. I have done some looking and I see what you mean. The detail spray definitely looks like CG's V7.
    Yep. The bottle, sprayer head, colors and consistencies of the P40 Pro-Detailer with Carnauba and Diablo are dead ringers for what I've got. The only difference appears to be the labels stuck to the bottle.

Search for 'AC Delco Appearance Products' and you'll see the stuff

It's probably decent enough stuff.
    I found that too, but sadly it wasn't very helpful. Amazon sells the stuff too, but there aren't any reviews or any real product description. I'm just going to go for it and see what happens. If nothing else, the spray bottles are really nice and can be used for other products.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog