autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Gtechniq C1 with EXOv2 offer any marring protection like opti-coat?

Does Gtechniq C1 with EXOv2 offer any marring protection like opti-coat? I just finished using Opti-coat 2.0 on another car but have a bottle of c1 and exov2 that I haven't opened yet. Was thinking to try that or buy gloss-coat. I need to coat a white audi and a white bmw. I do like the beading properties of the gtechniq products from youtube videos. Not many videos on gloss-coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Gtechniq C1 with EXOv2 offer any marring protection like opti-coat?

C1 will but not so much with EXOv2. Still not a replacement for proper washing and drying.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking using C1 then exov2 on top. Getting a lot of swirls from washing with ONR so wanted to coat it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgeek View Post
    I was thinking using C1 then exov2 on top. Getting a lot of swirls from washing with ONR so wanted to coat it.
    That's the recommendation I've seen posted from GTechniq on other forums for those wanting to use EXO but still have marr resistance.

You may also want to revisit your ONR process and maybe reach out to Chris at Opt to see if there is something you can improve on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Toppers can be good or bad depending on whether they attract dust and improve watershed angle. Opti Coat can prevent many products from adhering to the surface so it may be a good idea or it may be a waste you'll just have to try and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used C1 and EXO on a few cars, one of them being an Acura. I've had no problems with marring or light scratching when washing. Using just EXO on my Camro pretty much eliminated these problems.

Post Thanks / Like

As a matter of fact when I took the Acura in for service even after me repeatedly telling them not to wash the car they ran it through the swirl master. I closely inspected the vehicle and to my surprise no damage.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    As a matter of fact when I took the Acura in for service even after me repeatedly telling them not to wash the car they ran it through the swirl master. I closely inspected the vehicle and to my surprise no damage.
    Amazing. Dealer took my car in for a wash last month even though I told them I just wanted vacuum and I'm needing a paint correction next month. Granted I coated my car with just C1 a year and half ago. How long ago did you apply your coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe any of it! I would not trust any scratch resistant claims. I take the claimed hardness out of consideration when choosing an LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    I don't believe any of it! I would not trust any scratch resistant claims. I take the claimed hardness out of consideration when choosing an LSP.
    agreed.

just because a coating offers "scratch resistance" shouldn't give someone an excuse to be lazy when it comes to correct maintenance habits.

Not saying anyone here would do it but I'm sure there are some people out there...

... and they get pissed when they see defects after using one of those brushes at the coin op or god forbid a non-brushless drive thru car wash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast