autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to put my gallon supplies in?

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Or the smaller versions of the product. I have a smaller DG 901 bottle that I pour the gallon into. If you don't have any of those, I'd go the dollar store route.
    This is what I do, as I try the smaller version of something first before I buy it by the gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

The Meguiar's/AutoGeek self-cleaning squeeze bottles are only expensive ($3?) until you use one. Then it becomes the best $3 you've spent in a while. After using them in the DAMF kit I ordered a bunch for other products (D151, M21, BFWD, etc.). I've ordered a few more for use with my recent Menzerna purchases.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do it right, there is no easy answer. PET, for instance, is great if a product has solvents, useless if it has certain pH modifiers. HDPE is great for a range of pH, but useless with certain solvents. My advice is that you really shouldn't decant into anything, unless the manufacturer recommends it or you know better.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the assumption is the original poster wishes to decant fairly benign products like car wash shampoo and tire and trim dressing. Strong acids and bases should of course be handled with due care.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Well the assumption is the original poster wishes to decant fairly benign products like car wash shampoo and tire and trim dressing. Strong acids and bases should of course be handled with due care.
    Strong acids and bases are actually very easy to store safely. Your benign tyre and trim dressing could destroy those same bottles. This potential confusion, to the extent of quite what is benign to any particular plastic is why, as a manufacturer, I would only have users decant into something I specifically recommended. The other concern is labelling. Most serious accidents we hear of will occur when someone decants into an unsuitable container which then gets ingested.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    If you want to do it right, there is no easy answer. PET, for instance, is great if a product has solvents, useless if it has certain pH modifiers. HDPE is great for a range of pH, but useless with certain solvents. My advice is that you really shouldn't decant into anything, unless the manufacturer recommends it or you know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    Strong acids and bases are actually very easy to store safely. Your benign tyre and trim dressing could destroy those same bottles. This potential confusion, to the extent of quite what is benign to any particular plastic is why, as a manufacturer, I would only have users decant into something I specifically recommended. The other concern is labelling. Most serious accidents we hear of will occur when someone decants into an unsuitable container which then gets ingested.
    For these answers!

And with that info in hand, I absolutely love the below recommendation.

I have ordered various size spray bottles and flip-tops from US Plastics to use here but moreover to give products to customers as 'samples'. Mostly stuff like spray wax and tire gel but has included sealant(s) and rinseless wash products.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody so much! I got my answer
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

I too use the Meguiar's line of bottles. 16oz squeeze with self cleaning tip for polish/compound/wax/soaps and the 32 spray bottles for anything I need to spray

Well worth the money, and looks alot neater.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I ordered some more post-BF and I think they were back ordered. I use the self-cleaning AG bottles for D151, M105, M205, M21 and picked up extras for FG400, SF4000 and PL. I also kept the ones that came with D300 and 301, and ordered a 16 ounce 302 on purpose.
    Francesco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12