autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help With Aerospace 303 on Dash

Hi all,
    After finding this forum, I have been using Aerospace 303 on the dash of my wife's Toyota Sienna. After a few days, the surface appears dry or chalky. Rubbing anything across the surface leaves a mark, and I have noticed that on a sunny day, the A-pillar can cast a shadow leaving a shiny area.

I read to spray it on, wipe off the excess, and rub out the surface to make sure it is dry. To avoid overspray and cleaning a miserably long window, I usually apply it to the cloth first, but otherwise follow the procedure.

Am I doing something wrong? What is your experience with 303 on the dashboard?

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help With Aerospace 303 on Dash

I have never had an issue with it, but I have only used it a couple of times. I would never spray it directly on, I always spray it on a microfiber applicator and work it in that way, and I always go back and wipe off any excess.

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like

303 is a solid product. How are you first cleaning the dashboard before applying 303? And I agree with Hump -never spray a product directly on your dash. You'll get superior results by applying it to a microfiber or foam applicator first and then to the desired surface.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using it for about a year now on our vehicles with no issues at all.

I spray it directly onto a yellow foam applicator, work it into an area, and wipe off access with MF towel.

I've noticed that the foam pads spread it out better then MF applicators do as then tend to soak up some of the product and its somewhat difficult to get even application.

Again, this is just my experience...
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    303 is a solid product. How are you first cleaning the dashboard before applying 303? And I agree with Hump -never spray a product directly on your dash. You'll get superior results by applying it to a microfiber or foam applicator first and then to the desired surface.
    It is possible that you are applying "too much" product. A little goes a long way with 303. I use it and have had no issues.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    It is possible that you are applying "too much" product. A little goes a long way with 303. I use it and have had no issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no issues with 303. I also have a Sienna, and its dash has been 303-protected since I bought it new in 2008. No fading, no marks, no residue, etc.

I've tried applying it direct or on MF towel first - either way was fine. But I prefer spraying on towel first because I have much more control on where the product actually goes (I.e. no overspray,,etc.). Another thing is, I quickly follow up the buffing with a second dry MF towel, not letting the product dry on its own.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had an issue with 303 doing that either. In fact, I've not seen an interior product do that in a car since Armor All in the mid-90's.

I typically put the product on my MF rag before wiping down the surface, but on large area's like the dash of an SUV or mini-van I direct spray...probably shouldn't though. Either way, I've never had issues with 303.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen this happen with 303 before but it was due to the fact that the dash was already beyond help and ashy beforehand. The sun had already eaten through the top layer of the dash and it didn't help that the owner usually wiped down the interior with too strong of diluted degreaser to wipe off dust. We use 303 in all the cars.....no substitute.

Post Thanks / Like

Try applying 303AP with a foam applicator and let it dry before wiping any excess off. Sounds like maybe you method isn't leaving enough product behind to actually coat and protect the dash. And, along with it already being asked, what are you cleaning the dash with? What did the dash look like before using 303 on it?
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast