autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes acquires Cyclo Toolmakers

Rupes acquires Cyclo Toolmakers

Rupes aquires Cyclo Toolmakers

Saw this on DB, very interesting...

Longmont's Cyclo Toolmakers acquired by Italy's RUPES - Longmont Times-Call

RUPES S.p.A. has announced its acquisition of Longmont's Cyclo Toolmaker, producers of the Cyclo Orbital Polisher.
    RUPES is an Italian manufacturer of electric and pneumatic power tools and vacuum systems and is known in North America for its BigFoot polishing system.

Cyclo Toolmakers has supplied the auto detailing and airplane polishing segments with its Cyclo dual head polisher for more than 60 years. Cyclo's Longmont facility is slated to become the center of Rupes' and Cyclo's operations in North America, where the new company will operate as Rupes USA, Inc.

"RUPES is absolutely committed to growing its presence in the North American market. We see synergies between Cyclo and RUPES and are excited to have Cyclo's engineering, manufacturing, distribution and support capabilities available to us," Jonathan Kissov, RUPES USA Inc. vice president of sales and marketing said in a press release.

"We are also looking forward to embracing the international distribution network that Cyclo has developed and working with them to further promote the Cyclo brand internationally."

With its BigFoot system of large-orbit random orbital polishing tools, RUPES says it has "changed the traditional approach to achieving swirl-free finishes on vehicles and other painted surfaces."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes aquires Cyclo Toolmakers

Has Todd Helme's job...
    (Technical Sales Manager for Rupes, North America)...
    also now been expanded to the point of morphing
    into a dual-headed position?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Wow!

That's big news! I didn't see this coming...

Very interesting. Cody, the President of Cyclo Tools recently sent me the newest version of the Cyclo Polisher and it's really nice. It will be very interesting to see the addition of Rupes engineering not just for tools but for pads, backing plates and chemicals affects Cyclo into the future.

I see a bright future for both companies.

Just to note, this last year we did this entire extreme makeover using only Cyclo Tools including using the Cyclo with Nanoskin Pads to decontaminate the paint.

1938 Plymouth Sedan Streetrod Extreme Makeover!

And we did this recent extreme makeover using only Rupes tools....

Rupes Polishers - Extreme Makeover - 1965 Chevy Streetrod

Before
    Started with this. You can see my Test Spot but surrounding it is dull, swirled out paint.

AFter
    Much better....

Just goes to show, both tools are capable of doing great things. You just need to add to use good compounds and polishes, (most important followed by the right pads and the correct machine polishing techniques.

Looking forward even more to 2015!

Don't forget, Cyclo and Rupes will both be at Detail Fest!

Detail Fest 2015 Dates

Our 10th Annual Detail Fest will be held on March 21-22, 2015.

Please mark your calendars and make sure you are here as the 10th annual you will not want to miss!

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting, and certainly a quick way for Rupes to get a US service center up and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar thing just happened in the music instrument world too. "Wow" was my reaction to both.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting news. Cody, the President of Cyclo is a very very very happy man!! Stock Options being called!! But overall, competition in the DA world is fierce. You either sink or swim. With all the new DA's coming out on the market (Megs, CG, Flex, etc.) is really stirring things up.

IMO, Rupes is ahead of the game with this acquisition. The bottom line is that it is the consumer will eventually win out on this with new innovative products from the "synergy" of the combination of 2 well known companies.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    IMO, Rupes is ahead of the game with this acquisition. The bottom line is that it is the consumer will eventually win out on this with new innovative products from the "synergy" of the combination of 2 well known companies.
    Label me a cynic, but a lot of times these acquisitions are about pragmatism, not synergy. Rupes is selling a lot of machines in the US, Cyclo has an existing US sales and service infrastructure, as well as a manufacturing facility. The company will be called Rupes USA, so now Rupes can say they have a US manufacturing facility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Similar thing just happened in the music instrument world too. "Wow" was my reaction to both.
    Ok, I give up--what was it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Label me a cynic, but a lot of times these acquisitions are about pragmatism, not synergy. Rupes is selling a lot of machines in the US, Cyclo has an existing US sales and service infrastructure, as well as a manufacturing facility. The company will be called Rupes USA, so now Rupes can say they have a US manufacturing facility.
    You are correct in many ways. I went through 2 major corporate buy outs. The one buying you out made the decisions. They are in the drivers seat. As for the company that was bought out, you are at the mercy of the aggressor. In my case it sucked so much is the reason why I started my own business and have never looked back.

The aggressor can discontinue products from the company being bought out. An EXAMPE is no more Cyclo. They could have bought the company for their distribution and customer base. Who knows!! This is the spooky part for about 3 - 6 months.

I am hoping it will all work out. Eventually, the pros and cons will work out and there will be significant changes. In most cases, it is in the consumer that benefits. Let us hope we do in this case.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    The aggressor can discontinue products from the company being bought out. An EXAMPE is no more Cyclo. They could have bought the company for their distribution and customer base. Who knows!! This is the spooky part for about 3 - 6 months.
    Hey, I'm not being that cynical! Cyclo has a lot of brick-and-mortar distributors, servicing a lot of guys who would never be on this forum and heard of Rupes. Rupes can put their machines on those shelves, and inspire shopper confidence by promoting the fact that they have a US service and manufacturing facility (even if the bigfoot machines aren't manufactured there).

And as I stated before, they have an up-and-running service facility, which just needs a little training and parts lay-in and they are ready to go.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast