autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Extraction During Wintertime

Hey everyone! I've been a member of the forums for awhile and have detailed several cars, but I usually do them in the fall, spring, or summer. I got a CPO 2009 Toyota RAV4 sport last Monday, and the dealership did not detail it for me. Consequently, the paint is slightly swirled & hazy (I think it was rotary buffed upon arriving at the dealer) and the interior cloth seats are dirtier than I would like them to be. These two things are bothering the detailer in me a lot!

I have no problem doing a rinseless wash or taking it down to the car wash before claying, and then polishing the car, even in these colder months.

My problem is the interior. I know the logical thing would probably be to wait until spring as the interior will most likely get dirty in the winter anyway, but since the car is new to me, I have this idea in my head that it should be in like new condition, which means the seats and exterior should be dirt and defect-free!

My question is this: How do those of you who do detail interiors do so in the colder months? (I do have a garage but it isn't really insulated/doesnt really stay warm). I have a mytee lite II and a mcculloch steamer. I was thinking of using the steamer but having done so in the past, I am not thrilled about its (imo) sub-par performance on any task except glass cleaning. Contrarily, I'm not sure I want to risk damp/possibly damp turning to moldy seats/carpets if I use my extractor.

Any input? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extraction During Wintertime

I'm with you, I'd want to clean them as soon as possible too. Do you have a hardware store/ rent all place near you that you could rent a kerosene heater? Warm up the garage than use it with a fan to dry your interior.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extraction During Wintertime

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    I'm with you, I'd want to clean them as soon as possible too. Do you have a hardware store/ rent all place near you that you could rent a kerosene heater? Warm up the garage than use it with a fan to dry your interior.
    Yes, I could probably do that. Thats actually a great idea! I'll have to look into that, thanks! Just have to wait under our Christmas travels are over... which means it'll most likely be a project for early 2015!