autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

White streaks with CQuartz

I put CQuartz on my brother-in-laws car last month and when I saw him yesterday he told me that he noticed some white streaks on the hood after it rained and asked my what is was and why it did that. He told me that the white streaks wipped off easily. I have not seen this so I have no first hand visual of the streaking and he did not take any pictures.

My guess is that since we've had some snow recently and salt/cinders have been put down on the roads that is what was causing the white streaks. Does anyone have any input on what the streaks could be from? I am new to using any coating let alone CQuartz. Any input is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White streaks with CQuartz

Most likely streaking is left over product on the car and will have to be polished off with a finishing polish. If you have pic would really help.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Most likely streaking is left over product on the car and will have to be polished off with a finishing polish. If you have pic would really help.
    High spots should not be "white" in appearance

It is something else

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the car needs a wash then let us know. When was the CQuartz applied?

Post Thanks / Like

Does your brother leave the car outside?

Have people in the neighborhood been using the chimney recently?

I get this on the wife's car from time to time. It's really obvious around here when people have fires in their fireplaces as our most abundant wood down here is Mesquite and it's exceptionally fragrant when burned.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard this happening again since the last time it rained last week. I put on the CQuartz last month. If he can just wipe off the white streaks I don't understand why I would need to use a polish. Yes his car is always parked outside at his apartment complex.

I will ask him to take a picture of this streaking and send it to me to share, but as of now I don't have any pictures of this. I will try to get with him soon and do a rinseless wash on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like rain residue from it raining while he was driving, he is probably just noticing it since you took his car to a new level.

P.S. I hope he is wiping the streaks off with a proper technique and not just taking a towel to a dirty car..
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

If the streaks wipe off as you mentioned, it has nothing to do with the coating. Just a coincidence. Most likely what EVOlved has suggested above or something similar.

Also as stated above by allenk4; high spots are not "white" in appearance, and there is NO need to re-polish if the streaks wipe off.
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

He said he would get me a picture if it happens again. I talked to him and he told me he has never noticed the streaks before I detailed the car and coated it for him. So I'm guessing as I stated earlier and others have stated that the streaks are from the rain and residue from road salt. He said that it hasn't happened again and we have had some rain since this originally happened. Thanks for all the input guys.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq indicates that high spots with some of their products can appear white

"11. After EXO application I’ve noticed streaking. How is this fixed? Prevented?

When applying and leveling EXO it is critical to make sure that all residue is rubbed into the paint. If the panel is not completely smoothed with a clean microfiber you will notice whitish streaks form. These are high spots of nano particles that were left behind. To remove, polish the panel with a finishing pad to level, then panel wipe and reapply EXO."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast