autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For those with a Mytee lite extractor...

Hey guys..I'm about to drop the cash on a Mytee Lite 8070 heated carpet extractor. I'm buying it to detail my boat carpet as well as my truck which gets really messy from the lake, and things around the house.

One thing I'm curious about is the wand attachment. I would like to be able to do the large rugs and carpet inside of the house. Do any of you have the large wand attachment and if so how do you like it? I'm wondering if I'm going to get the same kind of psi at the wand vacuum head as I would with the little handheld attachment for vehicles. I assume I would but just wanted to hear from personal experience if the wand is worth it or not.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those with a Mytee lite extractor...

PM Sent

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Mytee Lite along with the crevice tool and the wand attachment from Detail King as AG had the wrong specs online at the time (they have since corrected it after I pointed it out when I subsequently realized it was the same machine). I dont believe AG stocks the wand.

To answer your question, yes, I have used the wand and it is great. I perceived no loss of suction and the carpeting in my house came up beautifully from it. In fact that's the main reason I bought this unit was to be able to use it in my house as well. Highly recommend it!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Gotta wait till my next check now. I was reading and reading, and came to the conclusion that it should work pretty good. I was comparing the specs of the Mytee Lite 8070 to a bunch of other extractors. The 8070 beats quite a few until you get into something like a Ninja or a truck mount system, and those blow the ol 8070 out of the water when it comes to specs. But when I compared it to the home carpet cleaners like Rug Doctor and Bissell, the 8070 has like 6 times the pull. The only thing the 8070 doesn't have is the agitating brushes like the others. So then that got me thinking, it's easy to take a drill or DA with a brush to agitate the rugs and interior of a vehicle, but there is no way in heck you're gonna do that with a house full of carpet. So more research began, and I found what some professional house cleaners were using and ended up getting one.

It is strictly for agitating whatever precleaner you put into the carpet. It is called the Sebo Duo brush machine. That paired with with 8070 will let me do whatever I want, be it my home carpets and rugs, or the interior of my vehicles and boat. I'll just use a little pump sprayer to lay down the Folex before agitating.