autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter is here

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter is here

Go with UWW+ you can use it as a waterless or a rinseless wash when you want. And it works well at both!
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Then yes, for sure, upgrade your game to a waterless (not rinsless, these are two very different products)wash concentrate. Becarefull, not all are concentrated. Some will sell you the water to go with it.
    Ultimas is concentrated
    Pinnacles is concentrated.
    The waterless products have superior lubricity than the rinseless products.
    i was looking into pinnacle product , i like the i dea of a $24 dollar product making more than 4 gallons of waterless wash sounds pretty good for the money .Thats what im looking for , can wash it everyday without braking the bank

Post Thanks / Like

So, here's what I do. I live in a climate where it does get cold; but I bet it would work in your situation too.

Go to the local coin-op car wash and spray it down (or use your pressure washer.) Quick, doesn't need to be intense. Just spray it down and get the gunk off. If you use a coating, maybe even use the BRUSHLESS automatic if you've got one around you (The soaps they use can be harsh on wax, sealants, etc. But a coating won't be affected by it). The latter is what I do. What's left is a very light film of road grime, dust, dirt, etc. Actually the car looks relatively clean after coming out of the touchless automatic. Then I pull it into the garage, and do either a rinseless or waterless wash. It doesn't take long, and because the bulk of the dirt and grime was sprayed off with the sprayers at the car wash, it's not particularly harsh on the paint or the towels. The result is a spotless looking car with minimal work. I don't have a truck like you; but I just got done with my Wifes Mustang (A decent sized car) and it took me about 20 minutes. And that was with cleaning the glass inside and out, and doing the wheels, wheel wells, etc. (Wheel wells I use a little warm water with the waterless wash solution in it, and a terry towel. In the Mustang it's just plastic liners inside the wheels, so I don't worry about it too much and just scrub the dirt out.)

I have use UWW, Pinnacle, and Detailers Pro. UWW is my favorite, I think Pinnacle left the most 'shine', and Detailers Pro and UWW seemed the 'slickest'. In my experience, I found I was using more pinnacle than I was the other brands. It just didn't seem as lubricative and so I found myself spraying more on in order to feel comfortable about wiping a microfiber towel across my dirty paint. YMMV.
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

D114 is a much better value than the pinnacle they have different purposes yes but if you are looking for economy d114 is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

I am jealous, it gets dirty real fast "like 5 days" that's a long time up here in the north east. I am excited when i get nearly a week before my truck is dirty. It's all about perspective if we don't do a full weekly wash on our daily drivers up here they look terrible, and even then during the winter usually cant even tell you washed the next day by the time you make it to work. I say buck up bust out the power washer and give it a real wash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12