autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

best wax for a silver car

hi.
    i have just bought a 2006 seat altea metallic silver as my everyday car. what wax would be the best choice for a silver paint ? normally when i detail silver cars i use megs upw, but is there a wax that can make that color pop(like Really pop!)? on my black supra i use r222, and it looks great(i dont drive it that mush). i will start by using sonax cutmax on a blue rupes pad, and then ex0406 on a yellow pad and then wax it(im not a sealent guy, i like the hole Wax on wax off ). only on customers car i use sealent(if they want that of course). but what wax to go for, any ideas ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best wax for a silver car

I think Collinite 845 and megs d156 have good pop for silver

Post Thanks / Like

gets back to the prep - the "wax" is the glory work but true results come from polishing the surface before u begin using your favorite LSP. #845, Crystal Seal, AF Spirit, CG 50/50, Fuzion and the list continues on and on.

Post Thanks / Like

I do know the prep work is like 95% of the shine but what about all those wax's ment for light collored cars, do they do any difference? Or is it just a "salestrick"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentz View Post
    I do know the prep work is like 95% of the shine but what about all those wax's ment for light collored cars, do they do any difference? Or is it just a "salestrick"?
    Not a sales trick and yes, some waxes look better on certain colors. But at the end of the day it's probably more about longevity & application method then one product being "better" than another. Coating vs Carnuaba - ok that's a decision you need to make. But I probably have 14-18 different LSPs and it really depends on my mood more than anything as to why I select one "wax" over another. They're all really good but sometimes I feel like WOWA and another I want to do the whole car, let it haze for a hour and then go back and buff it off. Other times I want to do it by hand and sometime by machine. I almost never think that Brand A is shinier than Brand B. But I ALWAYS think about how easy is the product to use - ALWAYS!!

Several names come up time and time again. #845, Fuzion, Crystal Seal, C Quartz, Opti Coat, Ultima, Sonax, Meguiars, etc - just read a bunch of the wax threads and you'll start to notice the same names being mentioned. #845 would be a great first choice and wonderful as a base coat or simply used as your LSP - I have many from a wide variety of manufacturers but I wouldn't be without the #845.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick with R222. Top choice for silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If money is no object, AF Spirit but if your on a tight budget - #845 especially if you live in a severe winter climate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Not a sales trick and yes, some waxes look better on certain colors. But at the end of the day it's probably more about longevity & application method then one product being "better" than another. Coating vs Carnuaba - ok that's a decision you need to make. But I probably have 14-18 different LSPs and it really depends on my mood more than anything as to why I select one "wax" over another. They're all really good but sometimes I feel like WOWA and another I want to do the whole car, let it haze for a hour and then go back and buff it off. Other times I want to do it by hand and sometime by machine. I almost never think that Brand A is shinier than Brand B. But I ALWAYS think about how easy is the product to use - ALWAYS!!

Several names come up time and time again. #845, Fuzion, Crystal Seal, C Quartz, Opti Coat, Ultima, Sonax, Meguiars, etc - just read a bunch of the wax threads and you'll start to notice the same names being mentioned. #845 would be a great first choice and wonderful as a base coat or simply used as your LSP - I have many from a wide variety of manufacturers but I wouldn't be without the #845.

thank you i am definitely a carnuaba guy. i will give #845 a look !

Post Thanks / Like

The R222 is probably great as I haven't tried that one but have used the regular P21s nuba and frankly it's one of the gold standards. And if Swany thinks it's good....it's probably great... he's got a bad wax addiction but knows what he's talking about. haha.

Post Thanks / Like

U could always put down one coat of 845 and then top it with a pure carnuaba. Wait an hr or two better applications but I do that all the time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast