autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best microfiber towels for rinseless

Hi everyone,

I know there are a lot of different microfiber towels and preferences out there, but what would be the best towel I could buy for rinseless washes. I'd like to try the Gary Dean method, so I'm about to buy a set of 8 towels for washing and few more for drying.

Because of the edgeless design and it's good reviews I'm leaning towards the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile. But at twice the price of (for example) the CarPro Boa, are they really good for rinseless washing?

Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best microfiber towels for rinseless

chinchilla towels, perfect for waterless wash

Post Thanks / Like

For rinse-less washing where the wash mitt and or MF is completely saturated I prefer not having super plush towel that can weigh down the dirt that I am trying to gently remove from the surface. Something edge-less and no more than 530gsm is ideal IMO; too plush and the dirt doesn't rinse out as easily in the case you are having to reuse towels during a wash.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use a 2 bucket method with a Grout Sponge since the Grout Sponge releases the dirt quickly and there is no laundry after the wash. When I do use Microfiber Towels I go with 330GSM Microfiber Towels. I never use the most expensive ones since this wash method really gets the Microfiber Towels filthy and are hard to get clean.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Piles are $11 each, even in bulk you're only saving 10%. I would use something cheaper, as Real Riders said they get dirty. Maybe you'd be okay with it, but if I was using $11 towels to wash my car and they were left super dirty I would almost cry lol. Master Pro Edgeless would work good, imho even at half the price of the Crazy Pile they're still pricey for a wash towel. But they're nice. Extra Fluffy Korean Microfiber Detailing Towel are what I want but they've been out of stock for awhile. Not sure who else sells them under a different name. But they look nice and are priced pretty well.

Moldavite

I use Meguiars supreme shine microfiber for GD rinseless wash

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a RW expert by any stretch but I've had good experiences doing 2BM RW with the hemmed-edge (rolled-edge) Cobra Super Soft Deluxe, as well as the Woobies. I tried with the purple Super Plush but found that it does indeed drag. In a pinch I've used the Kirkland Gold very carefully on a neglected daily driver, as the new ones seem to be in the 300+ gsm area and are quite plush. The overlock-stitched edges are rough, though.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

I use 500 or 530 gsm. Silk or cloth edge are fine. I'd recommend at least 20. I use 9 for each wash (8 for the car and the 9th is the damp dry towel I used through the whole process). Then at least one WW supreme guzzler for the final dry on each panel. Take a look at Microfibertech. The 530's or the 500's are both great towels for RW.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

OT: I still can't get behind the GD method, maybe because I don't drive a garage queen. I rinse and wring out my sponge, MF or IncrediPad and let it air dry, and the drying MFs air dry for a bit then get thrown in the laundry sorter to get washed when I eventually have a full load. Doing a full load of laundry (20 or more super plush MFs) for each single car wash defeats the main purpose of RW, in my opinion.
    Francesco

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never done a rinseless, and I intent to try the GD method with meguiars d114. I want to use it between traditional 2 BM washes and during low temperatures in winter. Not so much for reduced water usage, since we have plenty here in Holland.

My initial thoughts were, if I take the best wash media (in this case MF towels) I have the lowest chance of introducing swirls to the paint.

But based on your reactions, the towel quality isn't that crucial, and it would be a shame to use the Crazy Piles for a rinseless wash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast