autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Coating Questions

So I have finally decided on trying a CarPro coating (since I can no longer get Opti-Coat 2.0) over 22ple and Gtechnique.

My question is concerning the differences in the 3 CarPro coatings...Cquartz, Cquartz UK Edition, and Cquartz DLux.

I am use to Opti-Coat that can be applied to EVERYTHING except windows. So does Cquartz and Cquartz UK Edition not bond well with any material besides paint or can they also be applied to chrome and plastic? What is the difference between the regular Cquartz and the UK Edition?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Coating Questions

To my knowledge CQUK was formulated for extremely cold areas, besides that I think there are no differences.
    So you know, Haven't used either personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guessless View Post
    To my knowledge CQUK was formulated for extremely cold areas, besides that I think there are no differences.
    So you know, Haven't used either personally.

Thanks for the reply. I thought they were nearly identical. Still would like to know if Cquartz can be applied to surfaces other then paint like chrome and plastic trim.

Also is Cquartz Finest (authorized dealer only) that much different then the Cquartz that is available to the general public?

Post Thanks / Like

You can apply c Quartz on all surfaces. If the trim is faded us d lux. I would not use it on the windsheild. Finest has more of the active ingredients in it which makes it not as user friendly .
    We used finest for 2 years,excellent products

Moldavite

also check out the latest Immortal too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    You can apply c Quartz on all surfaces. If the trim is faded us d lux. I would not use it on the windsheild. Finest has more of the active ingredients in it which makes it not as user friendly .
    We used finest for 2 years,excellent products

Gotcha. So DLux has some trim restoring capabilities, but on a brand new car or vehicle with trim in great condition DLux is not needed and Cquartz will work just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

**Let me start off by saying all CQ Original I have used in the past was the old formula... New formula is said to be easier to apply with better performance and durability.**

Cquartz original is Dummy-Proof to apply and will be more than enough for the average joe consumer. I had thoroughly tested CQ "Original/Classic" to be at 14+ month durability before selling the vehicle, which still beaded water amazingly well. This test was performed on a garaged nightly, daily-driven vehicle, in the Albuqerque, NM desert and had seen a clay bar once (though not necessarily needed) at around 8 months.

Expect CQ UK to be a lot different in application and not as forgiving as Original. CQ Original could be applied to the entire vehicle before buffing off (depending on your specific conditions), whereas UK is done section by section. Still a very easy product to apply and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

CQ UK will cure like a rock judging by what the suede cloths become after the coating cures. It's awesome. CQ Original doesn't do this, but again, in my tests it's still a phenomenal product.

I am using CQ UK as an entry level coating to lower budget clients while using Finest and Opti-Coat Pro to people who want the best. For the money, I don't see how anyone could go with anything other than CQ Original or UK. Little product goes a VERY long way.

To answer your question on coating other surfaces....

I've coated everything but glass with both coatings and they work well. However, if you'd like to enhance the appearance of trim, definitely go with DLUX. I love that stuff! Glass gets coated in FlyBy30 but have recently switched to using CarPro Forte for exterior Glass.

Hope that helps!

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moldavite View Post
    also check out the latest Immortal too
    Your JOKING.... RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachZone View Post
    **Let me start off by saying all CQ Original I have used in the past was the old formula... New formula is said to be easier to apply with better performance and durability.**

Cquartz original is Dummy-Proof to apply and will be more than enough for the average joe consumer. I had thoroughly tested CQ "Original/Classic" to be at 14+ month durability before selling the vehicle, which still beaded water amazingly well. This test was performed on a garaged nightly, daily-driven vehicle, in the Albuqerque, NM desert and had seen a clay bar once (though not necessarily needed) at around 8 months.

Expect CQ UK to be a lot different in application and not as forgiving as Original. CQ Original could be applied to the entire vehicle before buffing off (depending on your specific conditions), whereas UK is done section by section. Still a very easy product to apply and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

CQ UK will cure like a rock judging by what the suede cloths become after the coating cures. It's awesome. CQ Original doesn't do this, but again, in my tests it's still a phenomenal product.

I am using CQ UK as an entry level coating to lower budget clients while using Finest and Opti-Coat Pro to people who want the best. For the money, I don't see how anyone could go with anything other than CQ Original or UK. Little product goes a VERY long way.

To answer your question on coating other surfaces....

I've coated everything but glass with both coatings and they work well. However, if you'd like to enhance the appearance of trim, definitely go with DLUX. I love that stuff! Glass gets coated in FlyBy30 but have recently switched to using CarPro Forte for exterior Glass.

Hope that helps!

-Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can't add to the CQ discussion, but I just tried FlyBy30 this weekend and aside from the prep, it is a breeze to install/apply, and right off the bat is clearer and more hydrophobic than Aquapel and its imitators. After a twelve hour cure (no heat guns or IR projectors) my sister came over with her car that has had three Aquapel treatments in the four years she's owned it, and she said the FlyBy was simply better, with much better optical clarity.
    Francesco