autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant Recommendation - No garage, south FL

Quote Originally Posted by eyost View Post
    I just tried that on my car and am quite impressed and it is so easy to apply. I was thinking about getting him some since the application can be done quickly and may work well since he doesn't personally have a garage although our dad does so he could use that.
    The stuff really impressed me too. i think I would still use a garage if possible. Keep as much dust and other elements off it until it fully cures. Did you apply yours outside?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
    What part in Miami are you ? I live in Hallandale Beach.

Sent from my Sealant Recommendation - No garage, south FLSealant Recommendation - No garage, south FLSealant Recommendation - No garage, south FLusing Tapatalk
    I'm way down south by metro zoo. But I'm fully mobile in dade and broward.

Hallandale Beach, between Miami and Fort Lauderdale
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    I'm way down south by metro zoo. But I'm fully mobile in dade and broward.

Oops, understood, I thought that you are in Fort Lauderdale, one page back it was mentioned that you are from Lauderdale

Sent from my Sealant Recommendation - No garage, south FLSealant Recommendation - No garage, south FLSealant Recommendation - No garage, south FLusing Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3 years ago a brought a Kia Optima as an extra car my wife and I use a lot and but a lot of miles on. It's been setting outside 24/7. I've always used Collinite 845 on it and the paint still looks like new.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

For looks and durability I have yet to find anything that competes with Collinite 915 and Menzerna Power Lock. I use Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax and 845 too but they cant beat the other two mentioned in all departments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Rogue View Post
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Menz PL

Hallandale Beach, between Miami and Fort Lauderdale
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    im in south florida. just in case he wants his crv coated.

I was in Kendall today to install a fog lights for my Genny, another customer stopped by with SUV I think it was Lincoln, sorry didn't pay much attention to the cars model. But it's color was black and it looked like recently detailed, the sun was shining and I saw huge swirl marks all over the car. I asked the owner , when and who does your detailing, he showed me some business card and told me that the car was done yesterday. I explained him about those marks and of course he was surprised to hear that, then I showed some pics from this forum before and after, he was speechless.
    He asked if I know anybody from around here who does good job, I told that I might know, but wanted to ask you first, are you looking for some more customers? If so can you PM me how he can get in touch with you?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    For looks and durability I have yet to find anything that competes with Collinite 915 and Menzerna Power Lock. I use Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax and 845 too but they cant beat the other two mentioned in all departments.
    18 months on the UPGP. The car does sleep in a garage. It's washed on average every other week. When it's out it's exposed to a lot of hot Texas sun. I put two coats on when I did it and haven't freshened it up in any way. That was the old formula. Can't wait to see wgphat the new formula does. I don't think it will have a problem delivering 6 months in any climate.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

You know.... whether or not a "sealant" or a "coating" is the best thing for your brother more or less depends on how he plans to keep up with the paint on his new ride.

If he's the type that enjoys spending time with his vehicles on a regular basis, keeps them washed, likes gently caressing the paint with QUALITY microfiber towels, and upon occasion re-applying said "sealant(s)" and/or 'boosting' a "coating" then there are as many questions as there are answers.

Coatings are all the rage, and certainly provide longer lasting protection. Yet all I've seen (so far) have at least some sort of maintenance product that needs to be applied. There is one though that does not (either have, or advertise) and that is Duragloss Enviroshield. Not saying it wouldn't benefit from the use of a similar product, (and I've used Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster) on DG coated vehicles.

Directly from the product page: "Think of Black Label Diamond Coating Booster as a spray wax for coated vehicles".

OTOH, using a sealant you'll have to wash, decontaminate, and reapply at least every 6 months in the Florida weather. (Not like a coating, (PBL or otherwise) isn't recommended to be "boosted" every 6 months either.)

FWIW, if your brother's vehicle EVER manages to be around any sprinkler water I'd suggest he forego the coating as it's just an added expense. I've had experience with the UNGODLY St. Augustine sprinkler water on a freshly coated vehicle, as well as on one with multiple layers of WGDG Liquid Seal (WOWA version) and it trashed them both!

The one with the WOWA sealant ended up needing a multi-step paint correction (AGAIN) to remove the water spots and etching.

The one with the coating buffed out easier, much easier in fact, but buffing a coating means it's GONE. (IE: Needed to be totally reapplied from scratch.) It was actually corrected with a black CCS pad and Menzerna finishing wax (only a 2 on the cut scale) but that was still more than almost all coatings short of OC-Pro and maybe Modesta can endure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast