autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

XMT 360 to the rescue

So I work at an oil refinery making my car susceptible to all kinds of fall out. 2 days ago the refinery next door had a huge upset and they were hitting the flare pretty hard....about 100ft flames out the top hard, and with all those flames came black smoke and the liquid mist that didn't quite burn all the way. Of course this flare is right across the street from where I park...and the wind was blowing straight towards us. This went on for a good 10 hrs.... fast forward to today and I finally got a day off to wash my car and low and behold it was covered in a nice layer of unburnt hydrocarbons and these yellow/orange spots that would not come off in the wash. I tried to hit it with a nanoskin autoscrub speedy prep sponge but that wouldn't even touch it...in fact the sponge kept sticking to the surface and leaving black streaks behind. I don't know if that was from the fallout or if the sponge is bad. Either way I had to get these spots off but I didn't want to spend all day polishing the car. So I went and grabbed the xmt360 and tested a spot and wouldn't you know it came right off. So I grabbed the pc and went to town. Had the whole car buffed in about 30 min. The 360 is so easy to work with due to the little to no buffing that you have to do after you work a section. This stuff has been in my cabinet for a while and this is the first time I've used it and I was impressed. Left behind a very nice shine and a slick finish. I'm sure any good cleaner wax, or a polish would have worked just as well, but this is the only AIO that I have and I didn't want to use a polish then have to come back wax it after, so this worked out well.

This pad was white when I started. Cleans pretty well I would say!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT 360 to the rescue

Any before and afters of the car to go along with this?