autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

black paint wet look

Is there a product that is made specifically for a wet look on black paint. I posted a pic of my truck here : http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ml#post1174410

I finished sealing and waxing with klasse and collinite products but just wondering. It looks and feels great right now.I love the look when its wet (im sure everyone does). But, that was 2 days worth of work. Looking for an easier and faster way for in between waxes,sealings etc Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: black paint wet look

I have a dark dark blue truck. When I dry I use Aquawax and that gives me a wet look for about a week. I daily drive my truck so I put about 350 miles a week on it, up and down a dirty parkway...

Post Thanks / Like

On my black car, I've gone two ways to retain the wet look.

1. Wash every couple of weeks/as needed and follow up with a spray wax product like Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax (never tried Aquawax)

2. Wash the vehicle with Detailer's Power Wash. The product has carnauba wax mixed in and has almost ended my need for a spray wax.

It really comes down to the look you are after and which product(s) get you to that result.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I maintain BFWD on my black BMW. I am now using Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD after every wash and dry and it looks amazingly wet after. I also like the fact it retains its brilliance for maybe half the week.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used this, but I'm tempted to:

3M Perfect It Show Car Paste Wax, 3m 39526, creates an ultra high gloss finish, with long-lasting protection!

Many people use this product in Brazil, and the claim is 'WET' look. We also have a Made in Brazil version, and a Made in USA version.

Although the Brazilian product is cheaper and made with Brazilian raw material, here they say the Made in USA version (expensive, and made with American raw material) is a lot better...

However, it's a 'relatively old' product, so I can't say if the Hype still persists, or if there's something much better.

If anyone has some info on this product, please, let me know,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

For the wet look you are going to be looking for an oily wax like Pinnacle Souveran. but it will attracted dust and not last very long.

There are a few sealants that have more of a glow than a brilliant shine like KSG.

• Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection
    • BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond
    • Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Son1c Phoenix gave me GREAT results! As Troy pointed out, an "oily" wax will give you that wet look. T1 Carnauba definitely goes hand in hand with that!

BUT your request is for an "in-between" W&W product. There is no real option on the market to "revive" the wax layer until the next time you wax it again. You could use V07 or Reload (diluted) as a gloss enhancer inbetween but.....

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

For the wet look you are going to be looking for an oily wax like Pinnacle Souveran. but it will attracted dust and not last very long.

There are a few sealants that have more of a glow than a brilliant shine like KSG.

• Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection
    • BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond
    • Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Troy is spot on, an oily wax or a product such as Meguiar's #7 glaze will make the paint appear as if it's just been sprayed. It's temporary as it contains no protection whatsoever but wet looking it will be!.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Moldavite

I also notice no matter what wax I use
    The wet look seems only last few days

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoGlym Super Resin Polish (SRP) topped with either Menzerna Power Lock or Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance or both. If you guys don't get SRP, Poorboys Blackhole can be used as a substitute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast