autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions: Klasse HGSG diluting

Has anyone done this? I've read a few people mention it on here and elsewhere.

I was wondering if anyone has mixed it into a waterless wash & wax or if any of the real scientific guys have anything to say about this?

So far, I mixed it 1:4 with water and applied it by spraying onto a microfiber and wiping it on my clean car panel by panel. Application was soooooo easy compared to using it out of the bottle.. I barely needed to buff the paint as it dried nearly perfectly clear. So far i've seen at least 2 weeks of durability.. water beads super tight and generally my car is staying cleaner than normal throughout the rains.

But I wonder if I can skip a step by mixing it into my waterless car wash. Will the polymers affect the bonding of the acrylics?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions: Klasse HGSG diluting

Before I got Sonus Acrylic Glanz I did do a 1:1 with water to make a "QD" to use during buffing off KSG if needed. But other than that I have not had any need to dilute KSG.

Diluting KSG depending on how far you go will basically make it a QD with no real protection. So even when I went 1:1 I didn't consider it a full application.

Moldavite

According to Klasse Act
    He use 8oz DG rinseless + 1oz SG to make a gallon of Franken juice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    Has anyone done this? I've read a few people mention it on here and elsewhere.

I was wondering if anyone has mixed it into a waterless wash & wax or if any of the real scientific guys have anything to say about this?

So far, I mixed it 1:4 with water and applied it by spraying onto a microfiber and wiping it on my clean car panel by panel. Application was soooooo easy compared to using it out of the bottle.. I barely needed to buff the paint as it dried nearly perfectly clear. So far i've seen at least 2 weeks of durability.. water beads super tight and generally my car is staying cleaner than normal throughout the rains.

But I wonder if I can skip a step by mixing it into my waterless car wash. Will the polymers affect the bonding of the acrylics?

TIA
    I've heard of other people here diluting SG, but they do it to make a QD spray, not to ease the application. I'd think diluting would lead to a shortened life-span on surface.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Before I got Sonus Acrylic Glanz I did do a 1:1 with water to make a "QD" to use during buffing off KSG if needed. But other than that I have not had any need to dilute KSG.

The Spritz id actually the QD whereas the Glanz is more of a quick wax booster. If you ever stop using your home-made product, you'd be amazed at how much better Spritz works than Glanz. For either a boost or QD, Glanz has never impressed me.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    For either a boost or QD, Glanz has never impressed me.
    I agree, I've always found it difficult to use, especially in comparison to something like DG AW, which to me is a similar product (in intent, anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

The Spritz id actually the QD whereas the Glanz is more of a quick wax booster. If you ever stop using your home-made product, you'd be amazed at how much better Spritz works than Glanz. For either a boost or QD, Glanz has never impressed me.

I prefer Glanz because it is specifically the spray sealant made to compliment KSG. So when using Glanz when buffing off KSG I am actually adding another "application layer" of product to the paint.

For me QD is only for the post wash wipe-down. And as easy as Glanz is to use I would rather use it and add measured protection & gloss.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I agree, I've always found it difficult to use, especially in comparison to something like DG AW, which to me is a similar product (in intent, anyway).

Its not as easy as DG AW for sure. But when sticking with the KSG / Acrylic package it makes the most sense to me. And just like KSG once you get it it just works.

I will add that Werkstat was a great addition to this "group" of very similar products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I prefer Glanz because it is specifically the spray sealant made to compliment KSG. So when using Glanz when buffing off KSG I am actually adding another "application layer" of product to the paint.

Both products are designed to be used with Klasse. Spritz is the QD spray and Glanz is the quick wax/booster product.

From the AG Store here:
    "Sonus Acrylic Spritz is a quick detailing spray that maintains your car's "just-waxed" sparkle and shine between washes. Formulated to work with Klasse, CarLack and other German acrylic sealants, Sonus Acrylic Spritz works great with all wax products, producing a shine other detail sprays can't touch."
    Rumor has it Spritz actually contains Klasse SG...but I can't confirm. Only something I've heard over the years.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

•I don't dilute KHGSG with water for/during my application process of this product.

•I do, however, like using a "wax-less detail spray" during my KHGSG's haze-removal-process.
    -Since the majority of them are mostly water by volume: I don't know if this counts towards diluting KHGSG, or not.
    -If it does: How much?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of other people here diluting SG, but they do it to make a QD spray, not to ease the application. I'd think diluting would lead to a shortened life-span on surface.
    the easy on/off was just a bonus in my book. I usually shy away from KSG because of how much of a pain it is to remove sometimes.

I'm sure it wouldnt be as durable as undiluted, but thats not what I'm asking here.

I was wondering if it can dilute into a Waterless wash so I could have some better protection left behind with slickness and beading that wont just rain away in a few days. Since I wash my car every 2 weeks with a Waterless, it would be nice if it could mix into the solution to privde better protection in between washes in a quick and easy step.