autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What leather conditioner/last step product do you guys use on LEATHER SEATS?

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Before the leather masters, do you suggest using their interior leather cleaner?
    Yes: That's what I use.

This is the kit that I like.
    Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What leather conditioner/last step product do you guys use on LEATHER SEATS?

Thanks for all the replies guys!! It seems like everyone is pretty much in agreement that Leather Masters and Leatherique are the top choices for leather care.

I have the above kit from Leather Master's in my shopping cart! Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks again for all the feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Meguiar's cleaner/conditioner but it left a cheap-looking shine that I hated. Also made my seats sqeak. I got the leatherique kit but haven't used the oil yet. I did try just the pristine clean about a month ago and I was very pleased by how well it cleaned. And it didn't just mask with artificial shine. The seats looked almost new, and I was just looking at the seats today and they still look very clean. I will only use this from now on to clean the parts that are actual leather (too expensive for cleaning the rear/sides which are not actual leather). I bought some Meguiars leather conditioner with no cleaner and will try that to keep it from drying/cracking, particularly on the seat bolsters. But I feel that less is better when it comes to puting stuff on/in you leather. Unless its really exposed to high/dry heat or direct sunlight. My leather looks great after ten years and I've never really "conditioned" or deep cleaned it. Ever.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used several combos that I like and meet your requirements (price wise, I really don't know because I don't detail professionaly, so I don't really take notice...):

- Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, interior cleaner, upholstery cleaner followed by Ultima Interior Guard Plus 12 oz., interior protectant, rubber & vinyl protectant, dash dressing ;
    - Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil followed by Leatherique Prestine Clean ;
    - several Dr. Leather products;
    - LTT Leather Care products.

It's funny no one mentioned Ultima products: they used to be a Forum favourite some years ago...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    The 16 ounce can of Leatherique is $70 (plus shipping) You are getting ripped off if you are paying $70 for 16 oz. Is that not for both cleaner and conditioner? and if you follow their instructions you will use one whole bottle on your interior!

Now you won't use the whole bottle of both products but one product will be completely empty at 4 ounces per seat.

So yeah, I suppose if you only put it on once every 7 years that's $10+ a year. But if you are doing it once a year it'll cost a lot more than even coatings do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used 4 oz of the leatherique oil per seat. I have a avalanche and it has big seats that are uncoated. Put some gloves on, pour some on my gloved hand and slop it on, and sit it out in the hot sun.. It is amazing what it pulls out of the leather the next day.
    Hit it the next day with the cleaner and done.
    I buy the 32 oz kit and it isnt even close to half empty when I'm done, on a car it would be even less.
    Leather Masters is the only stuff that comes close to Leatherique in my opinion for my seats. If a customer wants either of these products I charge extra.
    My opinion only

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

For my Focus ST that have very nice Recaro seats I like to use CG leather cleaner, I'll use a little brush if they're bad enough, then protect it with G-Techniq Leather Guard. Leaves a nice feel and is relatively cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D180 here.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Yes, that's for the 16oz "kit".
    Which is why I said you'd have one bottle empty, the oil (if you follow their instructions) and one not empty, (pristine clean).

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan View Post
    I have never used 4 oz of the leatherique oil per seat. I have a avalanche and it has big seats that are uncoated. Put some gloves on, pour some on my gloved hand and slop it on, and sit it out in the hot sun.. It is amazing what it pulls out of the leather the next day.
    Hit it the next day with the cleaner and done.
    I buy the 32 oz kit and it isnt even close to half empty when I'm done, on a car it would be even less.
    Leather Masters is the only stuff that comes close to Leatherique in my opinion for my seats. If a customer wants either of these products I charge extra.
    My opinion only
    Neither have I.... IMO 4oz is simply ludicrous! OTOH 2oz (or more) is easily used on a full leather nappa hide like you'd find in some exotics.

Yeah the problem with (properly) using Leatherique is that whole oil it down thing and make it sweat. Have even covered seats with big black garbage bags to make um' bake. (Helps of course if you need to get in it to move it as well.) Takes a TON of time to do it right.

But the reward is after it "sweats" the cleaner REALLY brings them back to life. Although some times it takes a LOT of cleaner to get all that darned oil off. And a LOT OF TOWELS!

To say it'd be a $100 up-charge is a given. Anything less and you're losing money.

Biggest thing though is most vehicles are daily drivers, and a simple 2 bottle cleaning system is plenty enough. I recently received a bunch of stuff from Bill @ Duragloss, including his cleaner and protectant and for daily drivers it'd be all you'd ever need. Smells suspiciously like the Mothers products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123