autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Warranty repair, free swirls!

Had to get unanticipated warranty work done on my car. Forgot to tell them not to wash it (they have not in the past). This is a sample of the results from one dealer wash. I t was my fault for not reminding them, but really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Warranty repair, free swirls!

Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, one wash, what do they use....sand?!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that paint or a gloss plastic B-pillar cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I had warranty work done the porter pulled my car up and stalled it, right in front of me..and just left it. Didn't try to restart it or put the key back to "home" position. The kid didnt say anything, just got out and walked inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtopia View Post
    Last time I had warranty work done the porter pulled my car up and stalled it, right in front of me..and just left it. Didn't try to restart it or put the key back to "home" position. The kid didnt say anything, just got out and walked inside.
    It's amazing how often the interviewer forgets to ask "Can you drive stick?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Is that paint or a gloss plastic B-pillar cover?
    it is the plastic on the b-pillar. the sun was hitting it just right when i got in it this afternoon and had to vent.

there were some stray marks on it before, but nothing like this. to be fair i know those mark up easy.
    the paint was marked up pretty significantly too, got some real nice horizontal scrub marks on my front bumper, and some great accent marks running down my fenders along the hood. i've honestly been putting off a closer inspection because i will just get angry and will have no time to fix it until this weekend.

i was due for a polish and seal anyways, just debating on whether or not to wait till my next service due in a month. i will print up some "do not wash" signs and keep them in the glovebox for any more unexpected dealer visits, but kind of expecting them to give me a "courtesy" wash even if i do.

don't ever buy a black car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post
    it is the plastic on the b-pillar. the sun was hitting it just right when i got in it this afternoon and had to vent.

there were some stray marks on it before, but nothing like this. to be fair i know those mark up easy.
    the paint was marked up pretty significantly too, got some real nice horizontal scrub marks on my front bumper, and some great accent marks running down my fenders along the hood. i've honestly been putting off a closer inspection because i will just get angry and will have no time to fix it until this weekend.

i was due for a polish and seal anyways, just debating on whether or not to wait till my next service due in a month. i will print up some "do not wash" signs and keep them in the glovebox for any more unexpected dealer visits, but kind of expecting them to give me a "courtesy" wash even if i do.

don't ever buy a black car
    I keep a
    "PLEASE
    DO NOT WASH
    THIS CAR
    UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
    THANK YOU"

sign in my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately, I have a great greeter that makes sure all of my cars never get washed. At my dealer, the car typically comes back in the service bay before they take it for a wash. So he keeps an eye for me when it gets back in there. I do also put a sign up for good measure and he writes it on the mirror tag as well. I do get a little nervous on the days he isn't there.

The other thing you have to worry about is the tech's wiping it down if they spill fluids on the paint. I almost want to do a sign for that too.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    Fortunately, I have a great greeter that makes sure all of my cars never get washed. At my dealer, the car typically comes back in the service bay before they take it for a wash. So he keeps an eye for me when it gets back in there. I do also put a sign up for good measure and he writes it on the mirror tag as well. I do get a little nervous on the days he isn't there.

The other thing you have to worry about is the tech's wiping it down if they spill fluids on the paint. I almost want to do a sign for that too.

All my other experiences with the dealer have been great, so i can't really get mad with them. They just don't know how to wash cars. Pretty standard as i have learned on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast