autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many of your neighbors are into car detailing

This is a funny thread!

My next door neighbor is a fellow AGO member actually. I've lived next door to him for 2 years and we did not know of each other's obsessions, until the UPS guy said something to him

He said he has the foam cannon, but I'm yet to see it in action.

Other than that, I see one neighbor occasionally wash his cars, but other than that, I'm on my own majority of the time.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen a single person on my street washing their car in the driveway, and never seen a mobile detailer working in my neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Naughton Jr View Post
    Never seen a single person on my street washing their car in the driveway, and never seen a mobile detailer working in my neighborhood.
    i had one try to take credit for doing my truck, that was until the neighbor told him i was a detailer and he sees me clean my truck every weekend and that i detail all of their cars also

Moldavite

When I do weekly detail wash, my neighbor look as if i was coming from another planet especially when I foam the car lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NikonGuy View Post
    Pretty much consensus that most people don't put a lot of thought into their cars. But I guess that comes with our disposable society. I bet most of their cars are leases or if not they like to flip their cars every couple years. If that is the case, no real need to keep it clean I guess.
    You might be on to something there.. I actually OWN my cars and paid cash, so I tend to love them a lot more after seeing that money leave my account.

If someone leases or finances a car, they don't necessarily see the importance of maintaining the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody.

And sometimes I just can't get over what people are parking at the curb. My street is almost all apartment and condo building. I own the last two houses on the block. Live in one and use the other as my office.

I keep all my cars in the garage, but parked at the curb are two less than two year old Porsches, one a turbo, a Nissan GTR, and two Teslas.

I have given all these cars the visual once over and they are all in HORRIBLE condition.

And one has had it's drivers side rear view mirror bashed off by another car while parked. I know since I saw the spray of mirror glass next to it.

I have seen a couple of people washing their own cars in the apartment house driveways. But they were using a bath towel both to wash and to dry. The same towel.

It's enough to make you want to cry.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 1 neighbor who washes his cars at least every Sat or Sun. Now being good at his technique is another story. Uses the 1-bucket-scrub brush-in-the-sun method. I cringe every time I see him washing his car....but the question was how many neighbors....LOL
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by actuator_mz3 View Post
    Actually, I spotted my neighbor using a electric blower on his car the other day. I thought to myself, whew, there's one neighbor who understands. He keeps his cars pretty nice.

But in general. nobody. You can just walk through a parking lot almost anywhere, and can tell nobody is into detailing in my area.
    I think it is poorly laziness with no thought that air drying will reduce swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my neighbors tries to but he saw one of my customers cars when I was taking final pics and now I do it for him.

None of my other neighbors do which is good cause I can always pick up last minute jobs when I'm home if needed since they all want it done but don't trust the local guys that they've used so they wait for me to come home

One of my neighbors just bought a Z3M convertible and wants to get into it so I told him I'd do an interactive detail with him and show him the basics

Post Thanks / Like

I only see a few people washing on their own and a quick vac on my street. Lots of people have stopped at my house to ask what I'm doing though. I run maybe 2 or 3 cars a week through my garage so it draws attention especially when there are higher end vehicles. It's gotten me two cars from neighbors to do myself. I'm new to the street it's a dead end so I draw a little attention.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast