autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Scratch and Dent Repair

I recently bought a 2012 Dodge Charger SXT from a used dealership. The car was a rental before I bought it and has a ton of scratches that I want to get fixed. Most of them are on the trunk and rear bumper (I'm assuming from suitcases going in and out). Some look like they can be buffed out. Two of them look like they went through the clear coat. The worst scratch is on the top of the trunk, just above the tail light. I can see white and a dark grey, almost steel like color underneath.
    There is also a small dent on the back left passenger door. It's just a little over an inch in length and width.
    I would really like to try to fix the scratches and dents myself, for the experience and the skills, not to mention saving money. The prices they charge for body work here in Alaska is through the roof. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scratch and Dent Repair

What you are describing most likely will need a repaint. Best way to see if you can cosmetically enhance your scratches is the "finger nail test". If you can catch your finger nail on the edge of the scratch, it is too deep to compound and needs to be repaired (repainted).

The door ding you may be able to do IF the paint is not too messed up. Do some YouTube research on PDR (paintless dent repair)

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer