autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Steps required to add more Ultima Paint Guard Plus on top of Paint Guard Plus

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I applied some Paint Guard Plus after washing, claying, and Paint Cleansing.

If I want to add some more in the future, do I have to repeat the same steps and if not what would I need to do to do it correctly?

I wonder about polishing too much; I previously used a white pad but am thinking of next time using a grey pad. The paint is in excellent condition.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Ed

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steps required to add more Ultima Paint Guard Plus on top of Paint Guard Plus

No need to polish again unless you are trying to correct defects. Just wash and and a layer of UPGP.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steps required to add more Ultima Paint Guard Plus on top of Paint Guard Plus

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    No need to polish again unless you are trying to correct defects. Just wash and and a layer of UPGP.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online
    Thanks. For some reason I thought I had to repeat the cleansing step by using something like Pinnacle Paint Cleanser or Ultima's version before applying the sealant. I assume after the wash do a baggie test before applying the Paint Guard?

Thanks,

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eyost View Post
    Thanks. For some reason I thought I had to repeat the cleansing step by using something like Pinnacle Paint Cleanser or Ultima's version before applying the sealant. I assume after the wash do a baggie test before applying the Paint Guard?

Thanks,

Ed

I wouldn't do a Baggie test unless the car has been outside in the elements like parked under a tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    I wouldn't do a Baggie test unless the car has been outside in the elements like parked under a tree.
    I avoid trees due to the bird bombers, but it is a daily driver that is garaged at home. I was meaning baggie test and if it isn't slick then clay before applying more Paint Guard. If I clay, would I have to polish?

Thanks again,

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid trees due to the bird bombers, but it is a daily driver that is garaged at home. I was meaning baggie test and if it isn't slick then clay before applying more Paint Guard. If I clay, would I have to polish?

Thanks again,

Ed

Not if you use a very fine clay and lots of lube. You be the judge! I prefer not to polish very often. No sense in removing paint all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Not if you use a very fine clay and lots of lube. You be the judge! I prefer not to polish very often. No sense in removing paint all the time.
    Thanks. I use DA clay and their lubricant. Looks like ya'll are saving me a lot of work. I hope I haven't done too much to the car; have applied Pinnacle paint cleanser three times with a white pad on DA polisher. The car was brand new when I started.

Have I done bad?! I was told to clean every time using Pinnacle prior to applying sealant. Does it vary dependent upon the type of sealant. I was also using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

Thanks,

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I use DA clay and their lubricant. Looks like ya'll are saving me a lot of work. I hope I haven't done too much to the car; have applied Pinnacle paint cleanser three times with a white pad on DA polisher. The car was brand new when I started.

Have I done bad?! I was told to clean every time using Pinnacle prior to applying sealant. Does it vary dependent upon the type of sealant. I was also using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

Thanks,

Ed

Normally only horizontal panels need claying a lot sooner than the vertical panels. You could clay and then just put a few coats of UPGP and that will give you protection for a long time.

I haven't used pinnacle paint cleanser but I don't think it's abrasive so you can use it as often as you want, but it will remove the protection that's already on the paint.