autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caked

Post Thanks / Like

Caked

Ok, I officially am sick of this and need help. It started with my car; I have caked on brake dust, however the wheels are uncoated which means I can't use Meguiar's Wheel Brightener, and they are the mesh style BMW wheels (Style 7 for those who know) which means there is no room for a Mothers Powerball and metal polish (hell barely any, if any, room for your fingers!).

For detailing other peoples cars, and my own, what would you guys recommend for uncoated aluminum where there is not much space to use large tool in to remove baked on brake dust?

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard some guys talk about P21S wheel cleaner. Maybe one of them will chime in and help you out. Never used it myself...I hope this helps....
    P21S WHEEL CLEANERS gel and regular
    From AG site...

Europe's automakers agree when it comes to wheel care!

A 100% acid-free wheel cleaner that's safe for all types of wheels. Recommended by Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Volvo, VW and Audi to remove brake dust and road grime. This is a water-based non-acidic detergent that provides great cleaning and guarantees not to damage any type of wheel.

P21S Wheel Cleaners are the famous German-made factory approved way to remove corrosive brake dust from alloy wheels. Safe, pH controlled, non-acid, non-lye based formulas are guaranteed not to attack any type of road wheel, braking system or other automotive surface.

While a bit more costly, P21S Wheel Cleaners are significantly cheaper to use over the long run based on the surface safety they offer. Word of P21S's now famous surface safety spread rapidly during the eighties as owners of expensive road wheels found out the hard way that not all wheel cleaners were created alike.

One key advantage P21S Wheel Cleaners is that you don't have to know all about wheel finishes to find your way to the right formula...

Many consumers are tricked by purchasing a cleaner for uncoated cast wheels only to find out that it destroyed a sensitive coating they never knew was there in the first place! When P21S introduced their wheel cleaners in 1984, they believed their competitors' strategy of offering different formula cleaners for different wheel types was a disaster and still believe so today. Simply stated, P21S Wheel Cleaners work safely and effectively on every type of wheel and wheel coating on the market. No guess work required!

Regular Formula - for normally soiled wheels that typically receive frequeint cleaning. Spray on, touch stubborn spots with a sponge and rinse off with a sharp stream of water.

**P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner - for wheels that tend to soil heavily due to higher braking speeds, softer brake pads or infrequent cleaning. Spray on, allow to stand up to two hours, touch stubborn spots with a sponge and rinse off with a sharp stream of water. Gel composition clings to vertical surfaces to provide increased cleaning effect.

Manufactured in Germany.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not familiar with these wheels but can you clean them with 4" pads or a mini powerball?

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S wheel cleaner is awesome stuff. My go to product for special wheels.

Post up a picture of the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Klasse AIO to clean wheels with tough stains it works great

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    I am not familiar with these wheels but can you clean them with 4" pads or a mini powerball?
    I have the mini powerball, and it works great, but it just didn't fit.

Been trying to find a picture of my friends Mercedes that I really needed something on, but just couldn't find the exact picture of it. Here is something simular to it only they are polished aluminum (and yes, I am sure of this):
    Mesh style BMW wheel...not exactly the same as mine but you get the idea:

Exact type of wheel on my friends Benz.

The only concern I have is that without an alkaline wheel cleaner, it might just not have the power to remove CAKED dust (like it is rough little dots). Unfrotuneatly the minipowerball just does not fit on the lip of the benz because of the way the rest of the wheel sticks out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have high dollar Iforged Wheels, uncoated high polish aluminum. I would use P21S Polishing Soap first, and there wheel cleaner weekly as needed. Works great !

Scott