autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Shipping costs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping costs

madness

They also pay for web and server fees to sell from this website also, there are fees associated with everything, you still dont understand that the extra costs incurred on what you claim is the more expensive storefront for them to sell from, are being paid for by the people who shop exclusively on AG. Amazon is just a middle man, the orders still go directly to ag from that site, same orders that get placed pm their website also, there is no reason to screw one loyal guy, over a random amazon shopper. You obviously dont see the point here, might as well just leave it at that, because your entire assumption is that everybody should be buying over 150 so they can save 20 bucks, and leave out anyone who only needs one or two things

Nothing is stopping me or anyone from getting it from amazon, but the point is that they are trying to make it up in sneaky shipping charges on items that cost at most 5 dollars in time and material to ship

Post Thanks / Like

Companies like PBMG use different channels (routes to market) and you may find different pricing strategies for each channel depending on channel and customer plus Amazon supposedly has rules on shipping costs like eBay.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

To those using similar logic to: "AGO is charging what makes sense for them, cost-wise" to justify high shipping expenses, aren't you also ordering supplies based on what makes the most sense for you cost-wise? (Hopefully!)

Amz Prime for small orders / AGO when you need to bulk up? I'm a wknd guy, and I don't really ever need to "refresh" $150+ I just occasionally run out of P21S wheel gel or something. Why wouldn't it be in my best interest to shop around and pay the least?
    '06 Audi A4

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Amazon Prime is a godsend if you need an item soon (like for the weekend).

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Amazon prime like $100.00 a year. Thats not free shipping to me. Yes its a good deal to some but I'm not a fan of that business model.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saying that obviously PBMG/Autogeek know they're business best. At the end kf the day, this isn't personal, it's just business. You don't know what kind of deal they have with Amazon, what the fees associated with them are, what restrictions are placed on them etc. There's no grand conspiracy to nickel and dime anyone. Amazon is the world's largest online retailer and storefront. It's so large, that it's often used as an instant price comparison to almost every other site or brick and mortar shops. It's obviously very crucial to Autogeek/PBMG to make sure an effort to win a lot of customers there is made. Again I get where you're coming from, but you're cherry picking where a single item costs more due to shipping and ignoring when multiple items or large orders would be significantly cheaper ordering from here than there. Amazon and Autogeek.net are not equal, in terms of customers, in terms of products offered, in terms of costs or restrictions etc.

My point is, far too many people feel indignant when the answer is simple. Shop where you need to, and vote with your wallet. People shop at Autogeek because the selection is unmatched, the service is top notch, and that you can often get discounts and free samples. Would you rather they not offer PBMG brands or products on Amazon at all? If anything, they've done the detailing world a favor by having the products be available in a different place. Now someone who may never come to Autogeek or visit the forum, can still be exposd to their products. Again to reiterate, I'm sure there are reasons for every single price, shipping on Autogeek or Amazon. Profits, revenue, costs, all factor into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Search around. I got tired of waiting for sales and paying $150 for free shipping so I found another place that I can get any order shipped for $5. The only advantage to AG is that they literally carry almost every brand of detailing supplies and almost always have everything in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

It's like joining Costco. You have to buy a lot for it to be worth the membership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solman View Post
    Isn't Amazon prime like $100.00 a year. Thats not free shipping to me. Yes its a good deal to some but I'm not a fan of that business model.
    30 day free trials. But even without Prime you get free shipping over $35 which is very reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solman View Post
    it's just business.
    That's what it boils down to for me. AG/PBMG wants to part me from my money. They dangle a free shipping at $150 carrot in front of me. I bite. If there is no sale, I wait for one, which isn't difficult because they run a sale fairly regularly. It's not hard for me to spend $150 either. I'm not going to buy little bottles of stuff I use all the time; I buy the largest size because it's cheaper.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast