autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Shipping costs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping costs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    The Autogeek veterans already know this...but for all you newbies...

We always have promotional codes available (Google is your friend ), signing up for the forum automatically gives you a 15% off discount code along with a code for free shipping, plus we have our price and promotion match.

If you ever have any questions about our price and promotion mach promise, give us a call. 1-800-869-3011

Oh, and we also have a newsletter where we send out information about sales, news and events, etc..
    Nik I don't have that code for the 15%

Post Thanks / Like

Find one of the bigger online detail shops in a nearby state. For me they are located in PA, NJ, NY, NE, MD, NC, VA. All are 1-2 day ships (FL is 3 days). Some have free ships, some have low one price shipping ($5 max), some cap out at $9.99. Unfortunately, most or all don't stock the large inventory of AG. So what I do is late winter/spring I buy > $150 (free shipping) from AG, then I buy <$100 from the other online stores and pay low shipping. Even Rags and Neatitems from out west have free shipping. They use USPS Priority which arrives in 2-3 days at 0 cost to you.

AG will match anything legitimately thrown at them. So just pass that by them and go with what works best for you.

But,,, once Congress decides to start charging sales tax on internet purchases, then we will have to find a new hobby or find something else to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    What they need to do is legalize pot everywhere. We probably wouldn't have to pay taxes. They'd get so much from that alone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frankprozzoly View Post
    What they need to do is legalize pot everywhere. We probably wouldn't have to pay taxes. They'd get so much from that alone
    The same reason Prohibition ended. The government wanted the tax revenue.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't be seriously thinking they wont charge taxes if they gain a TON of tax money from pot do u? They will just give themselves all raises and prolly still raise the other taxes too.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

It's not hard to find another website that has $6.95 flat rate shipping. Put it in the comments of the order, AG will match it. I don't see the problem. Another site offers equivalent discounts and $95 free shipping. Ag matches it.

Post Thanks / Like

I never seem to have a problem putting together a $150+ order and waiting for a sale to pull the trigger. Yesterday's 25&#37; off was the perfect catalyst!

Post Thanks / Like

This is what gets me...

I ordered the special value clay deal on the what's new page during the flash sale today. Shipping was $7.95. I added the wax removal tool because it was cheap and safer than using a paint scraper wrapped in a microfiber. Shipping went up to $12.95 for the extra item. You mean to tell me a microfiber and small piece of plastic wouldn't fit in the same box and ship at the same price? Needless to say I only bought the clay.

I normally don't complain about shipping costs because you are paying for the convenience and shipping stuff is expensive, but that is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

you know, i wish there was a way to get the point across that it feels like the forum members are being forced into purchasing more, or paying more in general for shipping.

the whole "family" aspect is slowly dwindling away as more things take effect.

for instance, i was going to buy a cobra microfiber combo pack, 49.99, which means it would be another 16 for shipping. or i go on amazon and look it up, and its sold by autogeek on amazon for a fee of 49.99 and 6.95 shipping.... seriously.... what gives? it feels like they try to force the "sales" on everyone so people are forced to wait until there is a 15&#37; off and free shipping on orders over 150, so they can sell more volume and we can cut even with the people who order through amazon.

seriously though, does the picture even make sense? 15.95 shipping for forum members, 6.95 shipping for amazon....

you'll spend 1 dollar more to just buy from amazon even if they took 15% off your order and it knocked it down to the next lowest shipping cost, which is still double.

Post Thanks / Like

You do realize Autogeek/PBMG has to pay Amazon fees such as referral fees for being a seller there? You either pay a subscription fee or per item fees. Now I don't know the total cost, but you can't really compare the two things. Not only does PBMG have to compete with several other companies there, or several other products that aren't available on Autogeek, but you have to factor in the greater reach for Amazon over Autogeek.net. Maybe they're purposely making less profit selling on Amazon because they know the average guy who sees a YouTube video of Souveran wax will probably search Amazon first. He may not necessarily want to buy off of Autogeek but feels comfortable buying off of AGO.

Remember, here, you also get use of the AGO forums that not only have world class information or tips from people like Mike P, but a place that is also free of advertisements. Don't get me wrong, lower prices are great. But that's the nature of business and this industry. I don't know, I'm a heavy Amazon user myself, but anytime I needed something AG stocks, I order from here, not only because I know that in case of any problems, people like Meghan, Nick are here to help, but also because if you are smart and keep track of the promotions and discounts, you can get pricing that cannot be beat, especially with larger orders.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast