autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm really starting to hate my car!

Are you sure the scratches are from washing and not from applying the coating? Just a thought as I have seen this before.

The other thing I'm thinking is that perhaps you didn't remove all the polishing oils (but you seem to have experience with coatings so it's doubtful in my mind.)
    Or by removing the oils you scratched/marred the paint (are you using very high quality towels?).

Does the paint still bead and sheet as would be expected from CQUK or reload? If so, I'd try carpro spotless on the waterspots or a paint cleaner in a test spot , then verify if the coating was affected by the paint cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Are you sure the scratches are from washing and not from applying the coating? Just a thought as I have seen this before.

The other thing I'm thinking is that perhaps you didn't remove all the polishing oils (but you seem to have experience with coatings so it's doubtful in my mind.)
    Or by removing the oils you scratched/marred the paint (are you using very high quality towels?).

Does the paint still bead and sheet as would be expected from CQUK or reload? If so, I'd try carpro spotless on the waterspots or a paint cleaner in a test spot , then verify if the coating was affected by the paint cleaner.
    paint looked flawless after I removed the oils, but scratches could of been from the final wiping of the coating (I used Microfiber Madness towels for the oils wiping, and a suede towel for the coating)

paint still beads amazingly well.

Post Thanks / Like

If the paint is that soft you may want to consider Gtech C1 and Exo.

I've never used the C1 but I believe this is the exact reason for its creation.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who have used CQUK is the Reload really necessary if the vehicle is kept dry during cure?

Post Thanks / Like

I echo your pain. I have a black '13 ram crew slt and I have cquartz uk on it.
    I applied in may and since then I have developed more swirls, water spots a little as well (it sucks horribly). I do everything to be super anal about it but still its a losing battle and Chryslers have medium paint - not soft like Hondas. the coating hasn't failed as it beads like crazy, sheets like crazy (yes it does both but mostly sheeting), it stays clean longer, and when clean looks glossier and better from a few feet away then it ever did with a wax or coating. but I get stupid road rash on the hood, and like I said swirls. come spring which will be about 11-12 months, I will strip it and do it all over again

but in turn I have saved HOURS washing my truck as washing it is quicker and also HOURS not having to wax it - which all means more time with my dogs, wife and child!!

Post Thanks / Like

I own a Scion with single stage black paint and I definitely feel your pain. No matter how careful I am I still manage to get light swirls and feel the need to polish it every spring.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a black Infiniti g35 with stupid soft black paint, Opticoat has helped tremendously. I polished with Menzerna products, washed with Opt power clean, applied Opticoat, and 4 years later am going to polish and reapply because I hit a deer, and had the front bumper replaced. VERY little micro marring, and protected areas still bead well. Also is a daily driver, stored outside.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the reload was supposed to stop the water spot problem...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123