autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Easy Steps to Wet Looking Paint!

RayBay;
    I think I have split personalities because I agree with pretty much everything that's been said.
    Sometimes, I like polishing the living daylights out of my paint. Other times, I like a quick wipe-down, but demand a high shine.
    So, basically, you wash away the dirt w/ cg that leaves a clean surface, then spray and buff another product to add another layer to start the shine, and then even it out w/ a QD. I think step 1 makes a clean surface, then #2 adds the real shine, then step 3 evens everything out.
    My suggestion, to shorten time with all that wiping would be to find a high-gloss spray-as-you-dry sealant. I think the QD step can be removed for sake of time. I don't see QD's doing anything other than removing smudges and fingerprints etc. The QD you listed, does it really add any shine?

Post Thanks / Like

Rediculous and no durability, at least use a WOWA polymer....
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    RayBay;
    I think I have split personalities because I agree with pretty much everything that's been said.
    Sometimes, I like polishing the living daylights out of my paint. Other times, I like a quick wipe-down, but demand a high shine.
    So, basically, you wash away the dirt w/ cg that leaves a clean surface, then spray and buff another product to add another layer to start the shine, and then even it out w/ a QD. I think step 1 makes a clean surface, then #2 adds the real shine, then step 3 evens everything out.
    My suggestion, to shorten time with all that wiping would be to find a high-gloss spray-as-you-dry sealant. I think the QD step can be removed for sake of time. I don't see QD's doing anything other than removing smudges and fingerprints etc. The QD you listed, does it really add any shine?
    Step 3 is more of personal preference. If you're satisfied with the look with the first couple of steps then you can skip it. I think it makes a noticeable difference but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Rediculous and no durability, at least use a WOWA polymer....
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal would be a perfect choice to top it all off if you want durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, my goal is to share information. My techniques may not satisfy everyone and may not be the best solution for every situation. I've read some really good posts and suggestions and can even appreciate a bit of cynicism. On that note I think it'd be more interesting if all the critics would actually try this process and then share their constructive criticism rather then dismiss it because they think they know it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RayBay30 View Post
    Again, my goal is to share information. My techniques may not satisfy everyone and may not be the best solution for every situation. I've read some really good posts and suggestions and can even appreciate a bit of cynicism. On that note I think it'd be more interesting if all the critics would actually try this process and then share their constructive criticism rather then dismiss it because they think they know it all.

right but even without trying this method, all thats happening is a wash with two seperate things being layered. the polymers in wash and shine and a quick detailer... you could just wash and then use a spray sealant and a qd right after that and have the same effect. what the other people are saying is more along the lines of proper thinking, instead of going through all the effort to do multiple washes, why not just stick with one and use a good wax or sealant after it to get the shine. the bonus is it will stay longer than a few days or so that you get out of a QD spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I'll prep my car the correct way and then coat it. Coating lasts longer than any other LSP. Now I can just wash it once and it will bring back the shine

Post Thanks / Like

not trying to say anything bad about what you do with your time, but it's not necessarily something new. it's just another way to layer your products. it's one of the things a lot of people do. i just dont see the usefulness in wasting onr by using it on something completely clean in wash form. why not use a qd or waterless dilution and spray it on if you want to use it for its polymers/shine?

Post Thanks / Like

You could just wash, Nanoskin wash mitt, Hydro2 sealant and then dry done! Same amount of time as your way.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about what makes YOU happy. That's too many steps for me, I get the shine I like from from my steps.

As far as critiquing:

The drying steps from step one and two should be eliminated.

If the layering of those products works for you, I would wash, then rinseless wash, then QD dry.

The less contact with the paint the better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast