autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin Glide Vs Nano Shock

I know most people here use ONR or something similar for their clay lube. For the sake of trying a new product I'm going to go with one of these 2 + a Nano Autoscrub Sponge. With only reading product descriptions and using my pea sized brain the Nano Shock seems like it would be better here. My question is would I notice? I Googled and didn't see a single review of Nano Shock. Which, really isn't a good sign probably lol. I'm assuming somebody here has used it and can comment. I understand the Glide can be diluted 7:1 so it's a much better value, but I'm curious about the Shock actually giving me a better finished look.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Glide Vs Nano Shock

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I know most people here use ONR or something similar for their clay lube. For the sake of trying a new product I'm going to go with one of these 2 + a Nano Autoscrub Sponge. With only reading product descriptions and using my pea sized brain the Nano Shock seems like it would be better here. My question is would I notice? I Googled and didn't see a single review of Nano Shock. Which, really isn't a good sign probably lol. I'm assuming somebody here has used it and can comment. I understand the Glide can be diluted 7:1 so it's a much better value, but I'm curious about the Shock actually giving me a better finished look.
    I use the Nanoskin BLUE Sponge. I use any rinseless wash (right now my rinseless wash is Pinnacle w/carnauba wax) and use that as my lube.

IMO once you use the sponge you will never go back to clay. It works wonders!! I use the sponge in my regular stripping of a car whether the car needs to be clayed or not. It's fast and simple and if you drop the sponge... so what just clean and move on. With clay you might have to throw it away, knead it often, get clay on your hands or in the nooks and crannies of a panel...etc.

As for Nanoshock...never used it and probably never will as I have plenty of rinseless wash to do the job. The Pinnacle RW is a great clay lubricant too. I prefer the Blue as it does the "claying" job just fine.As for the Yellow sponge I have not used it so I can't comment on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Glide Vs Nano Shock

I have Glide and it is super slick. Smells good too.