autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: poorboys... Tell me the truth

I have/used the following:

All Purpose Cleaner - was my go-to for light/med cleaning, until I discovered Optimum Power Clean, which I just like more.

Bold n’ Bright tire dressing - this and Zaino (Z18?) used to be my go-to tire dressings until I started using PERL. Still great, but I just prefer PERL now.

Bug Squash - just got a refill on my last AG order and for the first time tried it diluted (the 16oz spray bottle I used as-is previously, at full strength), and it still works fantastic. Great product!

EX-P Sealant - great dripping wet salad dressing look. However I didn't find that the slickness lasted very long. And while removal seemed easy enough I would sometimes get some white residue in spots that would appear from time to time in the weeks that followed after a wash or a rain. (Note: AFAIK I have the "old" formula)

Natty’s Paste Wax - nice easy to use Paste wax. I found it to be similar to P21S. But I didn't really test it's durability at all. The product itself cracked and crumbed within its jar which is weird but it still works fine.

Spray & Gloss - I only just got some of this last year to try and it didn't disappoint. Very nice QD, but I've got so many its hard to pick it over some of my other favorites.

Spray & Wipe - This was my standard emergency waterless wash/wipe/QD I would keep on hand in my vehicle, until I discovered UWW+. Still a good product though.

Super Swirl Remover 2.5 - this is an ok swirl remover. I got ok results from it but I did find it dusted a lot on me.

Trim Restore - this one is hard to recommend. I found it streaked badly on me. I used it on the door trim on my '93 300ZX, for example, and had streaks all down my doors after a rain or a carwash.

Wheel Sealant - love this product. I still use it every winter/spring seasonal change on at least one set of wheels, but I also recently started using DP's wheel coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    EX-P Sealant - great dripping wet salad dressing look. However I didn't find that the slickness lasted very long. And while removal seemed easy enough I would sometimes get some white residue in spots that would appear from time to time in the weeks that followed after a wash or a rain. (Note: AFAIK I have the "old" formula)
    Exactly my experience, down to the version.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I can't agree with that. There are a lot of other sealants I would pick before that one.
    Can you use them in the sun. If so, name them for us.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    Can you use them in the sun. If so, name them for us.

thanks
    It has nothing to do with the sun for me, I have my experience with the product which is exactly the same as Inzane's. I should add that many people reported the same with the newer version (which came out what, maybe 8 years ago?), as well.

Post Thanks / Like

It has nothing to do with the sun for me, I have my experience with the product which is exactly the same as Inzane's. I should add that many people reported the same with the newer version (which came out what, maybe 8 years ago?), as well.
    So your saying that you do not need a product that works in the sun and that there are better products, however they need to be used in the shade or in doors.

Sorry I missed your point.

I agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone said "EX-P is a really great product" and I said I couldn't agree with that, and that there are other sealants I'd pick first. The sun didn't come into it.

Post Thanks / Like

To answer slimnib's question, I *think* Meg's Ultimate Wax can be used in the sun, but I'm not 100% sure.

Post Thanks / Like

The XMT line of products here supposedly can be used in direct sun too, but I have no experience with them.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think the sun thing is psychosomatic...and just so you know the wheel cleaner contains ABF.
    If it cleans well I'm not worried about what's in it. I will be in an open air area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTruckn View Post
    If it cleans well I'm not worried about what's in it. I will be in an open air area.
    Being in the open air is advantageous. But there are very important PPE that should be worn while using these types of very worrisome products.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast