autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Took my wheels to the local tire shop

Quote Originally Posted by BradsDetailing View Post
    Here are the after shots I was referring to.

A dent from someone is different. They damaged my wheels and having filled in wheels is not what I had before nor do I want him to have his wheel guy touch my wheels after this and how long would I be out of a car?

I actually just got back from their shop after meeting with the owner stated all he could offer was to have his wheel guy come out and see if they are repairable. I denied that offer as I am never home r ling to wait around for someone especially due to their fault. And again, are they going to pay for my ride to work each day I am out a car? What about when I have to go to class, emergencies?

So I left the shop and went straight to the courthouse and filed small claims.
    You still arent understanding what im saying. They wony just "fill in" your painy or something, you should do more research on how wheels are refinished before you go to court after turning down a good offer to fix them and end up with the judge siding with the shop because of how unreasonable you sound

Refinished wheels by a reputable shop look brand new, not "filled in"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboToys View Post
    ...you should do more research on how wheels are refinished before you go to court after turning down a good offer to fix them and end up with the judge siding with the shop because of how unreasonable you sound

Hey Brad, what do you do for winter? Do you have another set of wheels for winter tires? If so, perhaps think about putting them on for a week (or waiting until it's time to put them on) and shipping your wheels off to the place we have been talking about (Wheel Collision Center) to have them refinished. They do come out pretty much "like new", and the tire shop (or their insurance) may pay for that (I think it's about $140/wheel).

If you don't have a set of winter wheels, maybe you should consider it, winter is brutal on nice aluminum wheels, around here, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Hey Brad, what do you do for winter? Do you have another set of wheels for winter tires? If so, perhaps think about putting them on for a week (or waiting until it's time to put them on) and shipping your wheels off to the place we have been talking about (Wheel Collision Center) to have them refinished. They do come out pretty much "like new", and the tire shop (or their insurance) may pay for that (I think it's about $140/wheel).

If you don't have a set of winter wheels, maybe you should consider it, winter is brutal on nice aluminum wheels, around here, anyway.
    I usually clean my wheels and coat them with a the klasse twins.
    2010 Honda Civic LX-S Crystal Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

I know none of this is making you feel any better.

Post Thanks / Like

You still arent understanding what im saying. They wony just "fill in" your painy or something, you should do more research on how wheels are refinished before you go to court after turning down a good offer to fix them and end up with the judge siding with the shop because of how unreasonable you sound

What bother me most is having to buy new valve caps, center caps and I will still have the scratches on the inside of my lug nut holes. If this were to be fixed and he would purchase new center caps and valve caps I would consider it. But he said those scratches would remain.

I would refer to have something that is oem because of the process and testing they use for winter driving. I have no idea what his wheel guy does. Why should I trust them?

Post Thanks / Like
    The owner also stated that the scratches on the inside of the lug nut holes are unrepairable and that is normal for that to happen when taking off a wheel. I simply told hi I have taken off many wheels and, if you do it properly, the socket should only touch the lug nuts.
    That's kind of like us detailers doing a customer's car. Starting swirl free and returning it to them after it was "detailed" full of swirls.

And us saying, oh that's normal when you get detail maintenance wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I know none of this is making you feel any better.
    I do not own a set of winter wheels.

I get what you are saying, but it's not fair for me to spend my time on someone else's problem they took out on my wheels.

I don;t want to sit at home looking for rides and inconveniencing other's because of something that is someone else's fault. What if I have to run to the hospital, get groceries, are you giving me a ride? We are also talking about someone who did this as their job.

I need the oem, the original that I had. If the mechanics are used to working like this, that is their issue, not mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    That's kind of like us detailers doing a customer's car. Starting swirl free and returning it to them after it was "detailed" full of swirls.

And us saying, oh that's normal when you get detail maintenance wash.
    Yep. I'm no mechanic, but I know how easy it is to take a wheel off an not damage it

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what his wheel guy does. Why should I trust them?
    Oh, I absolutely wouldn't trust his wheel guy. Like Swanic, I have used WCC for a long time. I had a wheel crack this winter from a pothole (yeah, I couldn't believe it either, OEM wheel) and WCC didn't have a recon in stock, so I let my tire place get me a wheel. I was appalled at how crappy it was. My tire place referred to WCC as "the Cadillac of wheel refinishers". Or maybe for you younger guys "the Lexus of wheel refinishers" lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the judge will "side with the shop" because they were still in the wrong. I don't think the OP is sounding unreasonable, BUT it sounds to me that its not a reputable shop IMO so there repair could be sub-par as well. I wouldn't want them touching anything else.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast