autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottle Sprayer For Foaming

I've read that foaming of soap is better as it keeps the wash solution in place, allowing it to work longer. Since I'm just a hobbiest I decided to get the Griot's Garage Foaming Finest Sprayer head.

I doesn't seem to foam! It sprays just like any spray bottle. I've tried a strong solution of generic car wash soap, a strong solution of Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate, and finally a strong solution of Dawn dish soap. Nothing foams! [Hmmm, maybe I should try my wife's foaming hand soap.]

Do I need a special soap? The sprayer description suggests that it will foam any soap. At $3 it didn't break the bank, but it is very disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bottle Sprayer For Foaming

You may have defective sprayer, thought if you want foam why don't you go for a foam gun or lance, but if you don't wanna go that route you can check out tolco foaming sprayer or go buy some meguiars hot rims wheel cleaner at walmart or any autoparts store, and use the foaming spray from that product.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so it may be defective, but surprising since it has
    Groit's name on it.

Thanks for the other brand names! I'm not ready to spring for a spray gun, just doing my own vehicles. I thought I would try this sprayer to see how foam works. Hoping someone that had one would comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone here uses a spray bottle to foam down their car prior to washing it. That's what you're trying to do correct? Spray it with shampoo then proceed to your two bucket wash?

Those foaming spray heads are better suited to use with APCs.

If you really want foam just bite the bullet and get a foam gun if you're using a garden hose. Or get a foam cannon if you have a pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try a not so strong solution of your car washes if you want them to foam, you need some water in there for the foam.

However, it's making my hand hurt just thinking about trying to foam a whole car with a spray bottle. Try one of these methods:

Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer

Foam Wash Gun with FREE BONUS

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I was thinking of foaming the tires, not the whole car. This was just to see how it works. My experience with foam is limited to the hand soap my wife has on the sink, and it's neat how it holds it's form. Thought this would be an inexpensive experiment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well that's a lot less crazy. I was worried about you there for a minute, lol!

Not sure how good car soap would be at cleaning tires anyways, unless they're coated?

Post Thanks / Like

If you notice your wife's foaming hand soap is a very thin liquid. The soaps you are trying (Dawn, DG), are very thick, and need to be watered down more to get the foam you want out of that spray head.

However, IME, you won't get the foam out of that spray head that you do out of your wife's soap bottle. And besides, none of those soaps is going to be very effective on your tires. Try some auto store APC in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Griots foaming sprayers and they foam like mad with almost anything. I'm assuming your diluting your soap? Right? Not just dumping neat soap into a bottle?

They could probably even foam water. Something is wrong here... Are you sure you were not sent the wrong sprayer by mistake???

Can you post a pic of sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, after reading Setec Astronomy's reply I took the sprayer and stuck it in the hand soap -- no foam. I then stuck it in a bottle of Windex, no foam.

Then I pulled up the brands jamesboyy mentioned and noticed that their nozzles were different. Finally I looked at the Groit picture (here on AG) and it is also different than mine, seems a bit longer. I'm thinking something must have fallen off mine and is in never never land. Here is a shot of mine. Glad it was only $3! Hmmm, wonder if AG has a tip laying around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bottle Sprayer For Foaming-100_3723-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast