autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The love of a coating....and why.

So as the title implies, I do love my coating. Here is why. I have a 2001 Lexus IS300, cool little car that I drive daily. It has over 215,000 miles on it. This year I decided to put a coating on it. Before I had Menzerna Powerlok on it and it worked great, but I kept wanting to do more to the paint to refine the finish. One weekend, I set out to do just that. I compounded the whole vehicle and then polished it out to as close to perfect as I feel the paint could be on this car. I then coated it with GTechniq C1 stacked with EXOV2. The look and feel was exactly what I was going for, but everyone knows that, coatings are the rage, and I know alot of people like them because some add a tremendous amount of shine and gloss, but I would like to tell you why I like mine more than the look.
    They are working on the main stretch of highway thru my area I-85, those on the East Coast will know that this is a main line highway thru the Carolinas and down into Georgia. They have stripped the top section of road to come back in and re-pave. Well, this has created a semi truck induced dust and debris cloud.
    I just got back in from my lunch break and while I was out I ran by the local coin op and sprayed the car off. All of the grime from the road this morning rinsed away and I was left with my clean car again.
    That is why I love my coating and why no matter what car I have from here on out, it will have a coating on it.

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The love of a coating....and why.

Good to know! Those products were mentioned on an Autogeek video featuring Renny Doyle, that I watched last night.

Another member had amazing beading pics of GTechnic EVO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Good to know! Those products were mentioned on an Autogeek video featuring Renny Doyle, that I watched last night.

Another member had amazing beading pics of GTechnic EVO.
    I wouldn't mind watching the video if you have a link.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you - my '02 Infiniti Q45 and the wife's '05 Infiniti QX56 both have CQuartzUK on them, and I couldn't be happier. When customers bring vehicles I've coated in for maintenance washes, I think "Man, this is great", because I know it'll only take me 45 minuets tops to get them straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    but everyone knows that, coatings are the rage, and I know alot of people like them
    Outside of people that frequent detailing forums like AGO...

I wonder what % of people there are that even knows there are such "raging things" as car-care products that are called Coatings...instead of Waxes and, perhaps: Sealants?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

I wonder what % of people there are that even knows there are such "raging things" as car-care products that are called Coatings...instead of Waxes and, perhaps: Sealants?

Bob

Agreed : No one I know knows the difference. It actually took me quite some time to fully understand the differences/advantages/disadvantages between them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks have nothing to do with coatings....I ran my car over 20 times through my local touchless car wash last winter. The car looked flawless after every wash and come spring I had no need to do my annual spring maintenance polishing. I love love love my coating too. In fact I don't use the two bucket wash anymore. I power wash it, then foam cannon, power rinse again, and final wipe with waterless wash as I dry. Done.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

Bob
    C'mon Bob, take a walk on the wild side! Try it, you might like it! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like something I need to use on my wife's car. It sits outside all day long, is an SUV and I hate cleaning it.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes for sure a perfect candidate for opti coat.

I like coatings it makes things just so much easier to clean it seems. They seem to save me quite a bit of time on weekly maint now. They aren't that much more money than if you are buying the flavor of the month sealant or wax every month or two either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast