autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two bucket vs Garry Dean wash

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    A 2 bucket traditional wash is much safer than any rinseless wash, period!
    Quotes from David Ghodoussi of OPT below.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    ...I am not sure why you are so focused on soap since polymer based washes such as No Rinse are much better in terms of cleaning and protecting paint from marring. Furthermore, No Rinse washes do not remove lsp but add additional protection.

David,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    ...As I mentioned before, soap is based on surfactants that are designed to emulsify oils or waxes and it is a fairly old technology. No Rinse, however, is based on substantive polymers that bond and trap dirt and therefore act as a barrier to protect paint from marring. The dirt particles trapped by the polymers will flocculate and drop to the bottom of the bucket. Additionally these polymers provide greater lubrication than any soap without any foam. You can pre-rinse before using No Rinse but it is not necessary. You can also use two buckets if you like, however, it is much less needed with No Rinse than soap.

In the past 8 years, over 5 million washes have been done with No Rinse and we constantly get emails from customers who have eliminated their marring issues after switching to No Rinse. If you like a just waxed look, you can use No Rinse Wash & Wax instead! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

David,

I still need to test his claims: I can't see myself how pre-rinsing a car with a pressure washer and using a top notch shampoo is NOT safer than using a rinse-less wash without pre-soaking the panels.

I have over 60 shampoos + rinse-less washes that I'm testing to see which I think is best...so I have plenty of comparisons to run and see what real world tests result in.

Edit: I thought technically these products are shampoos and NOT soaps...
    Last edited by Kacz; 08-20-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: color

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    A 2 bucket traditional wash is much safer than any rinseless wash, period!
    And there is no one who can convince me otherwise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solman View Post
    I am not sure what the benefits of a waterless wash is, except perhaps in the winter. I find I use a lot of the water I saved in the car wash for doing extra laundry. I have used waterless for a quick cleaning when the car wasn't to dirty. Might be a bit faster but not sure how much water I am actually saving. I prefer water too flush away the dirt and grime on the tires and wheels and in the wheel wells too. I feel it does a better job .With the waterless and the rinse less you just transfer the dirt that was on the car to a bunch of microfiber towels, you still have to wash it away with water in the end...
    Just saying.....

There are benefits on some cars that may not show up on others. I often show my customers a basic garry dean wash as a method they can easily do at home without getting their car wet to extend the time between details. While a wet car isn't an issue for a daily driver, it is for many supercars with only mesh covering a pristinely detailed engine bay or vintage collector cars extremely worried about rust.

On this 16m the only reason I had to touch it up was b/c it had been washed after driving and water had run all over all the carbon fiber engine covers, dried, and left spots and stains.

This Carrera GT is slightly less picky but still has an impressively clean bay covered only by mesh.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Dr G is really only comparing traditional soap to ONR and is NOT comparing 2BM vs Rinseless

The quoted comments by Dr. G really don't apply to the discussion at hand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Interesting that Dr G is really only comparing traditional soap to ONR and is NOT comparing 2BM vs Rinseless

The quoted comments by Dr. G really don't apply to the discussion at hand
    Most misunderstood aspect of chemistry - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

No Rinse vrs Conventional Soaps - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Then what is he comparing? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like that's his comparison when you see what he's quoting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Are you talkng about the Garry Dean Wash or the Garry Dean Rinseless Wash method? He does both with one bucket
    I also use both methods for rinseless and foam wash, always 1 bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

When I wash a car I use the two bucket method and a wash mitt with Meguiars Ultimate Car Soap. When Garry Dean washes a car he uses a one bucket method and uses mutiple microfibers, flipping the towels to differant sides, and never reintroducing the towels back in the bucket. If he runs low on soap, he scoops the suds out with his hand onto the microfiber towel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    And there is no one who can convince me otherwise
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am no expert just a home hobbiest but I think most marring comes from drying more so than washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bkazzle View Post
    I thought technically these products are shampoos and NOT soaps...
    Shampoo is not a technical term. I think Dr. G was using the term "soap" colloquially as there are very few soaps today in any context, they are all detergents, whether it be car wash, body wash, (hair) shampoo, laundry er...detergent, etc.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast