autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help with buying products

Hello,

I need advise on what products to buy. This will be my first time detailing a car. I recently bought a pre-owned black Mercedes c300 2011 (ceramic clear coat). Paint is good, very minimal swirls and scratches. The front hood is the section that has lot of issues- rock chips. I don't know if it needs to be painted or wet sanded. I'll probably have someone else do it next month. I am terrified of ruining the car. But in the meantime, I want to detail the car.

So far, I only have the Griots Garage Polisher 6' and I already have the P21S kit (thought I may not use it-- just the shampoo).

Below is what I plan on doing and buying. I will be doing the 2 bucket system method.

P21S body work shampoo (I'm planning on using it twice) or planning on buying the Chemical Guy citrus wash
    CarPro Iron X for decontamination
    McGuire clay bar
    Menzerna Ceramic Kit (Menzerna polishes for ceramic clear coat paint, Nano polish, super intensive, Lake Country pads, Show car kit)

This is where the confusion kicks in... Menzerna... am i getting the right products? Also, the pads and backing plate! Which do you recommend to buy? Buy the ones with the kit? Or buy separate?

Also, I really hate when it rains and then I can see the rain drop marks on my car or when the car gets really dust. Are there any magic products that would help to eliminate these?

Any advise or suggestion is much appreciated. Also if you have any other recommendations for products, I am all ears. I just tend to be a perfectionist and want the best. I just don't want to ruin the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with buying products

Welcome to autogeek, your plan of attract looks good, I would go ahead and buy the chemical guys citrus wash and clear cause it is a good foaming,cleaning, and stripping soap all in one as for the kit well if you already have a orange, white, and black polishing pads then I would just buy the polishes by them self though if you don't have the pads, and on a budget then before ordering try to see if you can make your own kit using the two polishes in the kit with the orange, and white pads, and see if it a better price to pay, as for those spots only thing would be to wash the vehicle the tradional way or rinseless/waterless way and you suppose to have like a 20 percent coupon too

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Seal is a great all in one for minor blemishes. .
    Even XT 360 but I prefer Opti.