autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

overwhelmed, need opinions

ok so im new here and have been doing a massive anount of reading and researching here for some time, and lets face it, for someone new, every bit of info on here can get overwhleming and FAST!
    i have made a short list from what i have seen used here, but am open to alternatives and suggestions

backround info: all work will be done by hand and car will be an brand new 07 civic with BLACK paint (black wasnt my first choice because i knew it was going to be a PITA to keep looking nice)
    here is the list i have so far of what i plan on getting:

meguiers gold class shampoo (i think i have megs or mothers california gold in the garage, ioss that suitable?)

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay Kit (most likely will not buy this until jan or feb since i will be getting a new car so no rush in claying it right?)right

Klasse All In One (im really open to suggestions here, substitutes and steps are more than welcome!!!!!)

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (though i do have a bottle of megs NXT, good enough or bite the bullet?)

Pinnacle Souveran liquid spray wax as a QD (now i can use this every couple of days right? no harm? just spray on and wipe off as desired?)

i also plan on getting an assortment of cobra MF towels, Mf wash mitts, micro restore, and the guzzler

what is good for the class, tint will be added real soon
    what is good for the dash and stuff?

please be gentle on me and easy on the abbreviations, took me alot of time to figure some of them out.

thanks
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a great line up to me.

Meg's gold class is fine. Nice gentle soap. Good for keeping up your own car.

Even new cars can be clayed. I would clay it if I was detailing a new car. Pinn. Poly will be great for that.

I havent used Klasse AIO before. But I hear nothing but great things about it. I think Klasse or PB Polish with Sealant would be a fine choice for your car.

Wolfgang is a great sealant.

I love Pinn. Souveran Spray after washes.

As for MF, I like indigo for removing polish, Cobra Jr. for removing wax and sealants, multipurpose for interior work, Cobra glass for glass, and Cobra Guzzler for drying.

Stoners and Plexus work great on glass. For the dash Id go with 303, Optimum, or Poorboys Natural Look.

What about a sponge, wheel polish, interior cleaner, and leather conditioner?
    Last edited by D; 08-05-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GiXx

Pinnacle Souveran liquid spray wax as a QD (now i can use this every couple of days right? no harm? just spray on and wipe off as desired?)

I would not use souveran spray as a QD, its is a true spray wax, not a QD. QDs have special lubricants in them to prevent dust from scratching the paint. Souveran spray should be used after washing to boost the wax protection. If you want a QD i would recomend DP final gloss QD or WG(wolfgang) detail spriz. Click here for some suggestions on what to use on the dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GiXx
    ok so im new here and have been doing a massive anount of reading and researching here for some time, and lets face it, for someone new, every bit of info on here can get overwhleming and FAST!
    i have made a short list from what i have seen used here, but am open to alternatives and suggestions

backround info: all work will be done by hand and car will be an brand new 07 civic with BLACK paint (black wasnt my first choice because i knew it was going to be a PITA to keep looking nice)
    here is the list i have so far of what i plan on getting:

meguiers gold class shampoo (i think i have megs or mothers california gold in the garage, ioss that suitable?)

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay Kit (most likely will not buy this until jan or feb since i will be getting a new car so no rush in claying it right?)right

Klasse All In One (im really open to suggestions here, substitutes and steps are more than welcome!!!!!)

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (though i do have a bottle of megs NXT, good enough or bite the bullet?)

i also plan on getting an assortment of cobra MF towels, Mf wash mitts, micro restore, and the guzzler

what is good for the class, tint will be added real soon

please be gentle on me and easy on the abbreviations, took me alot of time to figure some of them out.

thanks
    Tony

What about swirl removal? What about a wax? I would suggest trying to get some trades for some of the interior stuff. There is alot out their and no sense in buying something you wount use after the first time! THe interior products really differ on what the result you are trying to achieve.

Invisible Glass...the only choice.
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    Shampoo=OK for now, Duragloss #901 later.
    Clay= Buy later
    Skip Klasse All-in-One for now.
    Add Poorboys Professional Polish= Good for paint cleansing by hand.
    Wolfgang DGPS=Yes
    Add Maxwax
    QD=DP Final Gloss. Don't think that you can use Souveran Spray Wax that often. That's why Maxwax was added.
    Glass= Stoners Invisible Glass (pump).
    Dash= Optimum Protectant Plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    swirl marks, none as of yet! but ive only had the car for less than a week, so we will cross that bridge when it comes hopefully never

am going to look into the poorboys polishes

will look into the max wax combo

and will alos look into max wax seperately with the WG spritz as a QD

i like what i have read in the linked thread about the 303 so looks like a good in my eye

and will check out invisible glass and plexus

so are these the right order

shampoo
    clay
    polish
    seal
    wax (with 12 hours in between right?)

QD every couple o fdays

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash
    Clay
    Wash dry
    Polish
    Wash (if polish dusted)/ alcohol wipe down
    Seal wait 12- 24 hours
    Wax

But if you really dont have swirls, then you dont need to polish.
    Last edited by D; 08-05-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a review on 303 protectand if you would like to read it, it could help you out.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-review-2.html

Post Thanks / Like
    i read both links you have posted and am going to stick with the 303!

the car as of yet doesnt have swirl marks but i suspect it wont be very long until i do
    but if there arent any swirl marks then there is no need to polish?

so my step by step with product looks like
    Wash: Megs Gold class shampoo
    dry: guzzler
    seal: WG DGPS
    wax: Dp maxwax or dp maxwas combo
    QD: WG spritz or the max wax combo

come spring i will add 2 steps
    wash
    clay: Pinn Ultra poly clay kit
    polish: PBs proffesional polish
    seal
    wax

does anyone have a preference on wax?
    max wax looks good, should i go for the combo? or just do the wax and WG spritz as a QD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast