autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All in one products, as good as step-by-step?

I have always wondered if AIO products did as good of a job as a step-by-step method? Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Uhhh no. Do an alcohol wipe down after using XMT 360, then do an alcohol wipe down after using XMT polish, PB SSR's, Menzerna, or Optimum. Then youll see the fillers in the 360, and none in pure polish. I dont use anything with fillers anymore unless the customer only wants a 1 step polish. And I make sure they realize the product has fillers in it.

IMO, if you're using something with fillers without the customer knowing, then you're cheating them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detailing
    Uhhh no. Do an alcohol wipe down after using XMT 360, then do an alcohol wipe down after using XMT polish, PB SSR's, Menzerna, or Optimum. Then youll see the fillers in the 360, and none in pure polish. I dont use anything with fillers anymore unless the customer only wants a 1 step polish. And I make sure they realize the product has fillers in it.

IMO, if you're using something with fillers without the customer knowing, then you're cheating them.
    Well im not necessarily talking about just AIO products for the paint, im also wondering about interior products that clean and protect. And your not really comparing apples to apples, I wondering more about products that are similar to their step-by-step counter part(i.e. leather conditioner/ cleaner vs. clean than condition.) Think of it kind of like this: imagine taking 2 step by step products, like liq. souveran and menzerna polish for example, and mixing them together, would they do as good of a job as if you were to polish with the same menzerna then follow with liq. souveran? get where im going?
    Last edited by Thejoyofdriving; 08-05-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I answered your original post exactly. You asked about AIO's verses step by step. Be more specific if you want a specific answer.

I dont like AIO products for anything. I dont feel it does as good of a job. I also dont think mixing Menzerna and Liquid Souveran would be a good idea.

If you look on my site, Ive got some cheaper options in the chart at the bottom. For the premium option I use a leather cleaner and conditioner. But I wouldnt use something like that on a full detail car. The customer always gets what they pay for.

Im VERY picky when it comes to stuff like this. I dont use Dawn, I dont use more aggressive products then necessary, and I dont cut corners.
    Last edited by D; 08-05-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also dont think mixing Menzerna and Liquid Souveran would be a good idea.
    I was just using it as an example. Apples to apples.

Post Thanks / Like
    Comparing AIO's to step by step isnt apples to apples in the first place. Neither is Menzerna to Liquid Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Comparing AIO's to step by step isnt apples to apples in the first place. Neither is Menzerna to Liquid Souveran.
    Ok, let me try to help you understand. If there was a "menzerna/liq. souveran AIO" (liq. souveran mixed with menzerna) would it be as good as if you were to do each one individually. See what im saying now, or is it still unclear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive answered your question in every single one of my posts. Do I need to make it more clear for you?

IMO NO. Good enough, or do you still need help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive answered your question in every single one of my posts. Do I need to make it more clear for you?

IMO NO. Good enough, or do you still need help?
    IMO it did seem that you werent understanding my question at first. But thank you.
    Last edited by Thejoyofdriving; 08-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejoyofdriving
    IMO it did seem that you were understanding my question at first. But thank you.
    Yes you're correct, I DID understand it the whole time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast