autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion before Ultima Paint Guard Plus?

Hi all,

I am planning on using Ultima Paint Guard Plus and am wondering if cleaning the car with Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion prior to applying the Ultima would be acceptable or should I do something differently.

My car currently has an application of Pain Cleansing Lotion followed with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and then topped with Wolfgang wax. This was done more than a year ago.

Thanks,

Ed

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion before Ultima Paint Guard Plus?

Should be fine.

Also the stuff you put on a year ago is probably gone, so no need to worry there.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ed,

Since it's been a year, I suspect nearly all the protection has degraded and this is a perfect time to give it a thorough cleaning and apply some long lasting protection.

Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion does a great job of making the finish look new again by removing stains and contamination. Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion also contains fine fillers that hide minor swirls and like defects making the paint look gorgeous.

Since Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a clear sealant, I like to apply 2 coats about an hour apart for maximum gloss, depth, and protection...

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Paint Cleans
    • Sealant

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hi Ed,

Since it's been a year, I suspect nearly all the protection has degraded and this is a perfect time to give it a thorough cleaning and apply some long lasting protection.

Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion does a great job of making the finish look new again by removing stains and contamination. Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion also contains fine fillers that hide minor swirls and like defects making the paint look gorgeous.

Since Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a clear sealant, I like to apply 2 coats about an hour apart for maximum gloss, depth, and protection...

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Paint Cleans
    • Sealant
    Thanks for all of the information; it's good as I still have an ample supply of Paint Cleanser.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hi Ed,

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Paint Cleans
    • Sealant
    Bobby,

On a related topic. I just finished washing, claying, polishing and sealing the paint. Any thoughts on maintenance on this? In other words, when I have to reapply the sealant, do I have to do all of the steps again or is there a different angle.

Thanks again,

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eyost View Post
    Bobby,

On a related topic. I just finished washing, claying, polishing and sealing the paint. Any thoughts on maintenance on this? In other words, when I have to reapply the sealant, do I have to do all of the steps again or is there a different angle.

Thanks again,

Ed
    you just need to make sure the paint is clean, you don't have to go through all the steps. if you so desired you can use a paint cleaner to eliminate previous lsp's to ensure proper bonding of whatever new product you put on.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe if I was ever going to use one of the varied "paint cleaners", prior to an Ultimate PGP application...
    That:
    Instead of using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleaner: that contains micro-fine fillers (that the UPGP must then "compete with"...in order to properly bond to the paint):

I say:
    Why not just use the product that was designed and developed specifically for such a synergistic-purpose:
    Ultima Paint Prep Plus.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I do believe if I was ever going to use one of the varied "paint cleaners", prior to an Ultimate PGP application...
    That:
    Instead of using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleaner: that contains micro-fine fillers (that the UPGP must then "compete with"...in order to properly bond to the paint):

I say:
    Why not just use the product that was designed and developed specifically for such a synergistic-purpose:
    Ultima Paint Prep Plus.

Bob
    Yep, I already had some Paint Cleanser on hand. I'll probably get some Ultima prep cleaner for our other car and see if that makes a difference.

Ed