autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Duetto with MF Pads

Hi all:

Newbie here with quick questions. I had the Rupes 15 which I couldn't handle on the vertical and curved panels and switched it out to a Duetto. I am planning to use the Duetto for the first time this weekend on my 5 mos old Lexus GS350 (very soft paint and paint is in good condition - with a few swirls).

I have all the Rupes pads and polishes (and have used the foam with the Rupes polishes with great success) but have not used the MF pads.

I have the yellow and blue MF but given the condition of the paint I am hesitant to use the MF due to its correction power (especially the blue which is not needed). I am thinking of going with the foam yellow with the fine cut polish and maybe running a test spot with the MF but I am very concerned of taking away any clear coat since this paint is super soft.

Has anyone had any experience with the MF on the Duetto and the correction power vs the foam?

Further, one appealing thing about the foam pads are that the grit guard pad washer works wonders in keeping the foam pads perfect and I don't think the MF pads work in the pad washer. Has anyone had any experience with MF pads in the pad washer?

Thanks in advance with any replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duetto with MF Pads

Don't be afraid to remove clearcoat. How is the condition of the paint? Try the yellow foam first and see how far that gets you before jumping to MF pads.

I used the whole Rupes lineup for my Obsidian Black IS250 and the scratches were so deep I had to resort to blue MF + blue compound. I actually used the Rupes 15 for all the big sections

2011 Lexus IS250 F Sport - Paint Correction, CQuartz UK Edition + Opti-Coat 2.0 Application