autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

mobile detailer vs mobile car wash

I'm somewhat of a rookie so I hope I don't get flamed for asking this. But whats the difference between a mobile detailing business and mobile car wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    There both the same in a sense though a mobile car wash is just a person who just clean the exterior of a vehicle and may vaccum the interior while a mobile detailer is one who will perfect every part of the vehicle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mobile detailer vs mobile car wash

Even though I have Mobile Detail in my name I only clean exteriors. I wash dealer cars and do Rinseless Washes for individual clients. The mobile car wash has advantages since the owner does not need to be there to clean the car and you do not need the keys. The Mobile Detail pays more but the Mobile Wash takes less time and you move on to your next job. I prefer the mobile wash

Post Thanks / Like

To me, detailing means more DETAIL and requires more time and attention than a run of the mill car wash.

Post Thanks / Like

They are different and should be called different. A mobile carwash is just that, they do mobile washing. Nothing wrong with that approach, because you can actually turn a nice profit with that model. Mobile detailing is a little harder, since to detail means that you are spending more time correcting paint and interiors, which is some instances can be much harder to do mobile unless the person you are working for has a nice garage.

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had some success with both models. But I still have problems with my wording and phrasing when trying to convince clients to sign up for maintenance washings

sent from Yakima valley washington

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Even though I have Mobile Detail in my name I only clean exteriors. I wash dealer cars and do Rinseless Washes for individual clients. The mobile car wash has advantages since the owner does not need to be there to clean the car and you do not need the keys. The Mobile Detail pays more but the Mobile Wash takes less time and you move on to your next job. I prefer the mobile wash
    Yeah I kind of want to start washing cars more. Sometimes all people want is for you to just wash the exterior. I think if you do both detailing and washing it will pay more at the end

sent from Yakima valley washington

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I like both models but looking at the market in my area a mobile car wash will probably work better then mobile detailing.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I see about 50/50 in my area, imho mobile detailer definitely sounds like they're going to do a better job. Even if they don't, the name just rings more professional to me. Not locally, but I've also seen a Mobile Auto Spas and Mobile Auto Salons. Maybe it's just me, but both sound interesting and high class. I'm about to start up my detailing business and am strongly considering using one of those 2 just for the uniqueness so I can stand out in the sea of detailers around here. But as others have mentioned area dictates what will work. In Beverly Hills or Laguna Beach a Mobile Auto Spa would probably sound attractive to people. Don't think too many folks in a place like Nashville or Little Rock would exactly rush to get their truck washed at an Auto Spa lol. Mobile Car Wash sounds cheaper, a lot of people don't want a detail and don't want to spend money. Sometimes sounding like a cheaper route can work to your benefit. If I end up going with Mobile Auto Spa I doubt many 2002 Corolla owners would think about me as an option, it sounds pricey.