autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem, buffer trails with XMT#1 and PC

I've got a problem. A customer told me that he noticed buffer trails on his car after i detailed it, now heres the twist, it was done with the PC and CCS pads, and he could only see them with polirized sun glasses. Now, I just did a black porsche recently with diffrent prodcucts and a diffrent machine and the car had no buffer trails when viewed with any type of sunglasses, so I dont think that it is my technuique . Also the PC and XMT#1 is suppose to be dummy proof, and im no dummy. the buffer trails were not there before as the car has never been detailed. So it can only be 4 things that caused the buffer trails, the polish, the machine, the pads, or very unlikely but possible, me. So, whats going on pinnacle?

Post Thanks / Like
    what do they look like? I had some trouble with little crescent shaped markings, and finally figured out I wasn't working the polish long enough (OHC).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm
    what do they look like? I had some trouble with little crescent shaped markings, and finally figured out I wasn't working the polish long enough (OHC).
    I agree that could be a cause if i was using a moderate polish, but XMT#1 is suppose to be super super fine, even if i didnt work it in long enough, it is suppose to so fine that i dont think that would happen. Unless if some how the bottle of polish i got was defective or something. I suspect that i could be the the polish as that is what usually causes buffer trails, but its so weird because buffer trail usually occur with stronger polishes on a rotary. Weird I havent seen these buffer trails, but the customer discribed them to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    What color ccs pad did you use. Second it could be left over polish. That wasn't totally wiped off.
    Go over and take a look at the car, and see what he is seeing. Try a QD and see if that takes the marks off.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail
    What color ccs pad did you use. Second it could be left over polish. That wasn't totally wiped off.
    Go over and take a look at the car, and see what he is seeing. Try a QD and see if that takes the marks off.
    I used the white CCS pads, oh and also i used edge pads to, i for got to mention that, i used the orange 2000., I think that i might have followed up with a ultra fine polishing pad after the orange pad. It cant be left over polish because the wax would not adhere and I QDed the car 3 times after the detail was complete. I am at loss on this one What are the chances of receiving a defective polish, 100,000:1, i dont understand how this happened.
    Last edited by Thejoyofdriving; 08-03-2007 at 11:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You used pad conditioner of some sort, right? Dumb, I know, but anyone can forget something. Or is it possible he just wants some money back? XMT #1 - I just don't get it.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    You used pad conditioner of some sort, right? Dumb, I know, but anyone can forget something. Or is it possible he just wants some money back? XMT #1 - I just don't get it.
    Im telling you, the guy doesnt want the money back, hes got goobs of money. He is also not the type of guy who would lie. Pad contitioner? I did use some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you fix it then?
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    Can you fix it then?
    I think he might have got it fixed, uggggg, I know! But I want to find out what happend I cant say "I dont know". I impressed him with a section I did on his sons NSX. I hope that those buffer trails havent tarnished my rep with him, i would have fixed it for him for free no problem. If he hasnt got it fixed I will do it but I think he did. I need to get to the bottom of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you expect any help when you don't even know what the problem is? What exactly did you do? Used a pc w/ CCS and Edge pads. Which one did you use first? XMT1 on white CCS, orange edge, and you THINK,XMT1 on ultra fine polishing pad. 3 pads? What speed did you use? Then, you QDd 3 times after waxing? What kind of wax? What kind of car? Color?

I really don't think its defective product. I doubt you could get defective Pinnacle AND Menzerna products.

How about you go and find out what it looks like and take some pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast