autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that I need an air dryer

I didn't really think it was so important but I was washing my car yesterday and I hate it when water is dripping out of some seams and below the side view mirrors. How many of you use an air dryer? Which one do you think I should buy? Maybe a Metro Sidekick is enough.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It appears that I need an air dryer

Funny this comes up, just bought a new house and it is undergoing major renovations. One thing I am doing is adding more circuits to the garage, one dedicated 20 amp for a future purchase

Post Thanks / Like

Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower, leaf blower, car dryer, rechargeable blower

I have seen that locally as well. That nozzle is actually rubber. No, I don't have one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the metro sidekick and no complaints. If your car has some sort of a sealant/wax on it, you can dry 90% of the entire car with it too.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a $40 Toro 230mph electric leaf blower. As above said, if the vehicle has a good LSP on it you're good to go. If it has a coating on it, even better. Blowing off a full-size sedan that has CQuartzUK on it takes me about 4 minutes, and leaves about 1 minute of hitting up the couple leftover spots with a waffle weave.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the Metro Air Force Blaster on my wish list for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've had that one on the list over the bigger one because I wouldn't need to change the amperage in the garage outlet to run it. For now, I just get it dry then go over the cracks and mirrors with an air compressor.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    I have the metro sidekick and no complaints. If your car has some sort of a sealant/wax on it, you can dry 90% of the entire car with it too.
    I have a $30 Electric Leaf Blower too. It is really loud and not as accurate as the Sidekick in removing water in cracks and crevices. My Big blower is no longer used for drying my car...the Sidekick is the Sensai now!!...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the 8HP master blaster and the side kick... to be completely honest, I use the side kick way more. It is the perfect size to grab and use without needing to get anything setup. It works great for removing water from all of the cracks & crevices that it hides in such as door handles, mirrors, gas caps, panel gaps, etc.... and I also love using it to dry wheels and tires. It is a product I can't imagine living without after using it for so long.

Now if I want to dry the entire vehicle with air... the 8HP master blaster is clearly the better choice.

Both products, however, perform great for their intended purposes. They move a lot of air, are easy to use and the nozzle allows for easy control of airflow, and the rubber tips make it much safer to use around your delicate paint.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I got a master blaster several months ago after agonizing a bit about the cost.

It completely rocks. No regrets at all - my neighbors most certainly think I'm insane, but if you don't want to touch your paint while drying, it's the way to go IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I've got the 8HP master blaster and the side kick... to be completely honest, I use the side kick way more. It is the perfect size to grab and use without needing to get anything setup.
    The downside is just getting the MB out. Have you compared the sidekick to the vac and blo in terms of performance?

If I had room, I would wall mount the MB and buy a longer hose since it would be a no brainer.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast